Chapter 22

Back at home everything goes back to the usuall day to day bussiness. Kathy has school and Lab and her Uniclasses, Carina and Maya have work.

On this day Kathys teacher was out sick and so she made her way to the hospital. Her phone had died and so she couldn't call her. Arriving at the hospital she made her way to Carinas office.  She knocked. "Come in." "Hey, Mamma." She said and smiled. "Well hello? I thought you had school until 5 today?" "No. Mr. Turner is out sick and i have him all afternoon so i am free." She said and let herself fall on the couch dramatically. "Well okay. I am happy to have you here. You can do your homework." "Can i follown you arround, like shaddow you?" "We can see if we can do something like that." Carina smiled she loved her daughters interest for her work. 

"Allright. Put those on and come with me. But if the patient wants you out, you get out, okay." Carina said, tossing some scrubs onto Kathys lap. "Yes. Thank you. I love you." She quickly changed and put the book away she was reading. It was one of Carinas Medical books. "Were you reading that?" "Yes. I find it fascinating. IVF really is magic." "Yes also this is in very high medical jargon. Did you understand it?" "Well not everything but most of it. I could understand the words with context you know. Most medical words are just Latin and greek words jumbled together. Like itis always means something is inflamed, and Encephalo means brain or something its always the same." "Yeah. But still...." Carina wondered if her daughter might truely be gifted.

"Okay. Mrs. Sullivan. This is my daughter, she is shadowing me, is that okay?" "Absolutly, my boys show no interest in my work." "Oh so you have older kids?" Carina asked, while prepping her station. "Your chart says you have not been pregnant yet." "Yes. They are my husbands boys. Twins his first wife left when they were two. I know them since they were four and now they are 15 and call me Mom since about two weeks of knowing them." "Thats great. I'm adopted, too." "Yeah. They feel like my boys just like this little one feels like mine." Mrs Sullivan stroked over her belly. "Yeah." Carina nodded and smiled at Kathy. "Alright. You have been alright?" "Yes. Just fine." Mrs Sullivan lifted he shirt and just as she did the door opened. "I'm so sorry, babe. I am here." "Hello." Carina said. "Hi, baby. Its okay we havent started." "Okay. I'm here you can start."

Just as they left Mrs. Sullivan Carinas pager went off. "Oh. I need to go to the OR. Can you go back to my office? You can wait there for me. There is money in my purse if you get hungry." "Sure. Bye mamma. Save some lives."

Kathy made her way back to the office. She sat down and read for a little while. When she got hungry she took a little bid of money and went looking for the Cafeteria. She couldn't find it but she found something else. The skills lab. Her eyes shone with glee as she went inside. There were three people there. She was still wearing the scrubs Carina had given her, so the other people didn't say anything. "Weird," Kathy thought. She knew she was very small for her age and noone ever believed her that she was 14 let alone an intern at a hospital. Kathy walked over to one intern doing something and watched. "Did you want to try?" "Oh no. I just wanted to watch." "Who are you? I'm sorry, but you look awefully young to be an intern." "I'm not. I'm dr. Delucas daughter and she has a c-section. I'm done with my homework and i was going to get a snack, but this is so much cooler." "Here. Try it." The intern stepped away and let Kathy. "So you just oh.. you know who to...okay." the intern wanted to explain to Kathy that she had to make patterns with the rubberbands on the pegboard while only looking at the monitor. But Kathy had watched the intern do it and so she copyied him. "Wow. You are crazy fast." "I like this. Its fun." "Fun. I find it extremely tedious." Another intern came over. "Hey. If you are that good, you should try the sutures through this device." "Okay. What do i do?" "Well you do a surgens not like this?" "I know how to do a surgens not." "Okay. How old are you?" The girl asked. "Fourteen." Kathy said. The other intern yelled over. "She is Dr. Delucas daughter, her first toys were probably a suture kit and a scalpel." "No. Actually i've only been living with Carina and Maya for about half a year. They foster me and now we are waiting for the adoption to go through." "Oh. Sorry. He is a douch." The girl said. "I Cassidy. I am an intern in peds. I really like working with your mom though." "Yeah. My mamma is awesome." Kathy said.

"Did i hear my name?" Kathy and the two interns turned around. "Dr. Deluca. Sorry. But Kathy is so good at those." "Really? You weren't supposed to go in here, but its okay. My surgery took longer. Okay. If you are that good show me." "Okay." Kathy nodded and showed Carina.

"Bella. Have you ever had an IQtest done?" "No." Kathy said stuffing fries into her mouth. "Would you like to do one?" "Sure. But only if you and mom do one aswell." Carina laughed. "Well okay."

In the evening they discuesed it with Maya and then booked an IQ test at the University Kathy attended. Those weren't the official professionall IQ Tests, but the Psychology students needed volunteers to practice and thats why it was also free.

You're safe with usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें