Chapter 5

((Dimension 1-T// Year 2017))

"What the shell were you thinking?!"

Donnie had no time to explain anything as he walked into the lair. No chance to say why he had left or what he'd discovered when he did, because Leo was on him like a rabid dog as soon as he got home.

He tried to ignore his brother, who was standing right in his face practically snarling at him, and simply shoved past him to go to his lab with the broken frame in his grasp.

And that's when Leo noticed it.

"What is that?" He pointed to it, quickly walking after his younger brother to catch up, eyes alight with rage.

"Donnie, what did you do?"

Donnie made it through the doorway, entering his tech filled, cluttered work space with Leo hot on his heels, trying his best to not snap. His brother had every reason to be mad at him right now, seeing as he'd caused some serious damage. But if he hadn't, who knows what would've happened?

That mysterious knife throwing psycho would probably have the frame instead of him.

"Guys, he's acting pretty shady. I think we're gonna need shovels."

Smack!

"Shut up, Mikey."

Great, the others are here too. Could this night get any better?

He dropped the busted pieces of rock on one of the clean-ish tables in the room, the loud thump of the impact making a tense silence fall over the room as he went to grab the first aid kit off of a shelf.

He harshly threw open the lid to the medical box, rummaging through it for what he needed to deal with the bloody gash on his arm, and even though his brothers all stood in the doorway, it felt like they were breathing down his neck. Their expectant gazes were fixed on him as he quietly cleaned the blood from his arm.

"Donnie."

He sighed before looking up, figuring he may as well just get it over with. Who knows how long this discussion would last, and the more time he wasted, the bigger the chance of something bad happening before he could figure out how to prevent it became.

His eyes raised to meet those of his brothers, each of them sporting a slightly different look. Leo, looked absolutely livid. Raph, slightly mad, but also almost proud. Probably because he'd disobeyed Leo, which seemed to be Raph's main goal sometimes. And Mikey, just looked like he hadn't completely caught up to what was happening yet.

"I told you it was important Leo. But you wouldn't listen." He harshly began unwrapping the roll of gauze, eyes momentarily leaving Leo's.

"I went to the museum. I found it. And as soon as I was within a few feet from it, the entire floor started shaking like crazy. Then the whole building did!"

His voice raised at the end, trying to somehow emphasize the point he was trying to make and get through his brother's thick skull.

"Exactly what I said would happen, happened. So you can stand there and call me crazy all you want, but just keep in mind that if I was right about that without solid proof, I'm probably right in assuming that this thing is dangerous."

A beat of silence passed, Leo thinking over his words and considering what his next course of action should be.

It was true that Donnie always relied on solid proof and obvious evidence before believing something, and had almost never strayed from that way of thinking. Which was probably the main reason Leo had thought that he was just going off the deep end. It was very unlike his genius brother to just go after something off of a hunch.