Part 27-Retirement, and Plans for the Future

(Tanjiro pov)
I was on an assignment to rescue some people who had been taken hostage by the demons. I arrived at the location where the demons had been hidden, an old fishing outpost that had been abandoned for years. I smelled the air to determine the scent of the demons and hostages. I could smell at least five demons, so I walked through the village, and when I got close to a house, five demons came charging at me only for each of them to have been decapitated by me with the newly acquired skills I learned from Mr Rengoku. I found the hostages and helped them away from this place so that the kakushi that just arrived could clean up the area.
Goto:" Good work, Tanjiro. We will take it from here."
I nodded and left so that the kakushi could do their work. I headed back to the Butterfly mansion. While walking through the hallway I entered the room where Yamato had currently staying for the past four months.

When I entered the room, Yamato was already awake and talking to both Kagaya and Tamayo about his demon transformation.
Tamayo:" What do you remember when you transformed?"
Yamato:" I can barely remember anything about what happened when I transformed. The only I could recall was the desire to kill everything in sight."
Kagaya:" The others reported that you managed to overpower upper-rank three clones with ease and fight the upper one although he was easily dodging all of your attacks, however, he did mention that you were close in power to his."
Yamato:" I see, then I'll have to learn how to control my new demon form."
Tamayo:" In the meantime, you're staying in the lab so that I can run some tests on you."
Yamato immediately called me as he already sensed me at the door listening to the whole conversation.
Tanjiro:" Big brother."
I sat right next to him alongside the master as he explained what's been going on with the corps lately.

(Yamato pov)
I learned that Muichiro had retired after losing his left hand to Kokushibo, he wanted to continue being a demon slayer despite his injuries. Yuichiro on the other hand forced his younger brother to retire and didn't want him to be hurt again. The only reason he became a demon slayer was to protect Muichiro after they were almost attacked by a demon, but luckily I saved them both as I was in the area at that time.
Yamato:" I see, I'm glad he's alive, but now we're down a hashira," suddenly I began to remember something important so I turned to Tamayo and asked her about Shinobu.

Tamayo:" Shinobu is fine, she lost a lot of blood, but nothing too serious, though she shouldn't have gone on that mission knowing the condition she was in."
Yamato:" Thank god....wait? What condition?"
I saw the looks on Tanjiro, Tamayo, and Kagaya. They all shared glances at each other before Kagaya answered.
Kagaya:" It's not lethal or anything life-threatening, but Kanae made her retire as a demon slayer, if you want to know, you'll just have to meet her in person, she is at your estate."

Soon he left the room and Lady Tamayo explained to us that she needed to continue her experiments with Muzan's blood that we collected. She left and went into the laboratory, leaving me and Tanjiro.
I looked at Tanjiro and could tell that he had gotten a bit stronger, I also noticed that he had a new sword, so I asked how he got it.
Tanjiro:" Oh? The sword...well it's actually your red blade, Muichiro gave it to me after my original sword was destroyed by one of the upper-rank three demon clones."
I looked at it for a moment and asked to examine it. I took the blade out of its sheath and looked at it.

 I took the blade out of its sheath and looked at it