Part 25-Muzan Kibutsuji

(Yamato pov)
A month and a half have gone by since the festival and my relationship with both Kanae and Shinobu has been going great. Yet, I noticed that Shinobu hadn't been feeling well lately, so I asked her if she was all right, she would always say that she was fine and that it wasn't anything to worry about. I knew she was hiding something as her aura was flaring with anxiety, concern, and happiness. I didn't want to pry into what was going on so I dropped it and waited until she was ready to tell me herself. She went on a mission with Muichiro two hours ago and hasn't reported back. Kagaya was worried and sent us to find them.

Sanemi and I made our way to the abandoned village where we lost contact with Shinobu and Muichiro. Things have gotten a bit too quiet even with the demon's return. We knew that it was only a matter of time, so we have been preparing for the inevitable.

We arrived at the location where I suddenly caught the scent of blood and immediately rushed to the source, only to be met with an alarming scene. Shinobu was bloody and injured to the point that she was clutching her left arm. Her nichirin blade was on the ground in pieces and it looked like she was struggling to breathe.

 Her nichirin blade was on the ground in pieces and it looked like she was struggling to breathe

I glanced at her opponent and saw that it was an upper-rank demon. It was a demon with a black-dotted, pale grayish complexion, his upper torso, arms, and legs were all extremely muscular, whereas his waist was incredibly skinny, his pelvis jutting out at an unnatural angle. His body and face had noticeable ink-like markings in the form of black spots on his body and a flowing water-like pattern on his face. But what got my attention was the kanji number in his eyes which reads five. On the roof watching was a female demon with pale white skin with black cracks appearing on various parts of her body, she wore a two-piece version of a kimono consisting of magenta pink panties tied by long, black bows on the sides and with two magenta pieces of cloth that cover her chest. There also appear to be two pink flower-like demon crests on her face, and her eyes likewise read the same kanji number for five as well.

But what got our immediate attention was the other demon on the side that impaled Muichiro in his shoulder with his own sword.

(Ignore the demon slayer mark on his face) The demon responsible was none other than Upper-Rank one Kokushibo

The demon responsible was none other than Upper-Rank one Kokushibo.
I knew that it was him as one of my ancestors survived an encounter with him and wrote down his appearance so that the rest of the Tsugikuni family that survived Muzan's purge could identify him. He had long, spiky black hair with red tips that were kept in a ponytail. He also wore a purple-and-black hexagonal patterned nagagi kimono and black umanori-styled hakama pants tied with a white uwa-obi, on his right hip was a katana that completely looked like it was made out of flesh, with eyes engraved in the handle. He also had a demon slayer mark, But the most important description was that he bore a resemblance to Yoriichi Tsugikuni, meaning that this was his older twin brother, Michikatsu Tsugikuni.
Muichiro:" Gh..."
Kokushibo:" My descendant. Allow me to turn you into a demon so that you can be of use to that man."
Kokushibo proceeded to explain while bandaging his severed left hand that he never expected a descendant of his very own bloodline to appear and that something about it moved his heart.