Part 16-The Kamaboko Squad

(Yamato pov)
I was sitting on a chair in Shinobu's office waiting for her to finish the examination. She was doing tests on my blood trying to see if there were any changes. She told me that she and Tamayo were conducting tests on my blood to see if a cure was possible.

 She told me that she and Tamayo were conducting tests on my blood to see if a cure was possible

While that was happening, Kanae was cutting my hair since it was reaching the floor. The door opened to reveal Naho, Kiyo, Sumi, and Aoi bringing in all the gifts that were in the patient ward where I was staying in during my coma.
Aoi:" There, that should be the last of the gifts."
Yamato:" Thanks, you guys."
Naho, Kiyo, Sumi, and Aoi:" No problem," they said as all of them began to help me with this.
I began to open them and see a set of clothes like Yukata and a black scarf with the emblem of the demon slayer sewn in. I also saw books that are about performing sword techniques, which would be very helpful in our battle against the demons. After that, it seems to be the last of the gifts until I saw a long case that resembles a sword case that the swordsmith would carry, I opened it to see a ninjato instead of the usual curve sword.

I grasp the blade in my hand and watched it change color, I was expecting it to be red like the first time I got a Nichirin blade, but to my surprise and everyone in the room, it became purple with red flame-like patterns running along the blade

I grasp the blade in my hand and watched it change color, I was expecting it to be red like the first time I got a Nichirin blade, but to my surprise and everyone in the room, it became purple with red flame-like patterns running along the blade. I was confused not just myself but everyone in the room.
Yamato:(Confused)" What the purple!?"
Kanae:" This is weird? I never heard of a purple color blade before."
I stared at the blade and I immediately felt a sense of familiarity and sadness which gave me a slight twitch in my head. I feel someone's hand on my shoulder, I turned my head away and see Shinobu looking at me concern on her face.
Shinobu:(Worry)" Hey you okay?"
Yamato:" Yea, I'm alright, it's just I felt odd when looking at this."
I put the blade back into its sheath and placed it on the table.

An hour has gone by and Shinobu has finished her tests and Kanae has also finished cutting my hair.
Shinobu:" Alright that should do it, you seem to have fully recovered, though I recommend that you take it easy for a while."
Yamato:" Thanks," I said as I started to put my hair back in a ponytail, I turn to the both of them, smiled thanking them, and soon left the room, but not before grabbing the blade off the table.
(Kanae pov)
After Yamato left the room, I proceed to prepare for the training we would be doing to awaken the demon slayer mark and also train the other demon slayer swordsmen. I then ask Shinobu if she has everything ready for next week, but I didn't receive an answer from her, so I turned to see her staring at the door with a sad look on her face. It didn't take a genius to know what was going on, so I whispered in her ear and said" So when did you develop feelings for Yamato-kun" I said to her as she immediately became flushed and embarrassed.