XVI

Short chapter just a filler. Back to regularly scheduled program after this chapter.

And I told you I was writing their chapter...you happy now?😒 You know who you are...😭

I smacked my lips sighing and put my chopsticks down as Jo reached over into my plate for the third time eating my food

"Jo...I asked you what you wanted and you said you wanted chicken. Now you about to eat all my shit!" I spoke as he looked at me innocently.

"But the shrimp tastes better...," he spoke making me sigh and slide my container over to him taking his and eating some. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I told him as I continued eating hearing the door to River's room open. He walked out looking at us terrified. He must have peed the bed again. I'm thinking about getting him into some therapy. We just didn't want to over step or do anything like that so early because we were afraid that it might be too much for him and that it would have been too much for us to do that knowing that there was a chance he would be taken away from us. We just wanted to wait until things were more stable.

They were. He was adopted yet, but we were getting closer to that period where it could be finalized.

We both loved this little boy and definitely wanted to adopt him. Our family felt complete with him. We were even looking at houses. Close to his brothers neighborhood but not exactly over there because those prices were a little steep and we new our mortgage would be high as fuck.

"Um...," River spoke as tears fell.

"You pissed?" Jo asked him as he cried harder and ran to the front door yanking on it. "Hey, hey! No come here River don't run from me man. I'm not gonna hit you. You're not in trouble,"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" He cried trying to get out of the front door that was locked. "I didn't mean to!"

"River! Calm down. I'm-,"

"I won't do it again!" He screamed pulling the door hard before falling back and crying harder. "Please don't hit me!"

He must have had a bad dream about getting in trouble for peeing in the bed and then he peed in the bed so now he's scared.

"Come here baby," Jo spoke softly picking him up and rubbing his back gently shushing him as he cried coughing while holding onto Jo's neck tightly. "You're not in trouble. I promise you're not. Just relax for me ok? No one is gonna hit you here or make you do anything you don't want to because you peed the bed. It's ok, River I swear it is. Stop crying for me,"

I closed my food and got up going into his room seeing his bed. Damn that boy peed like a horse. I took all of his sheets off thankful that we had that plastic protective casing over his mattress and took his sheets to our washer and dryer. I threw them in and started the wash after adding some laundry detergent.