02| 𝙅𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙨

There the Fellowship stood after Lord Elrond's announcement

There the Fellowship stood after Lord Elrond's announcement. All giving their word to protect the Ringbearer with their life.

Eliriel felt anxious as she stood next to Legolas. She knew that she would see him at some point but didn't expect it to be now. She wasn't ready to talk to him yet. Her heartbeat quickened in her chest.

"Eliriel, a word please." Lord Elrond spoke and brought her out of her thoughts. The elleth sighed in relief as she followed the lord up the stairs, the rest of the Fellowship (except Gandalf) looking at her as she left.

They walked further away from the rest, into a corridor near the shards of Narsil.

Lord Elrond turned to look at her. "I am glad you decided to come at last." He said with a small smile. "I don't think I had another choice my Lord, but I'm glad I did." Eliriel replied returning the smile. Lord Elrond nodded. "You are right. You don't have another choice." He paused glancing at away for a moment.

'It is your destiny after all...' He thought.

"I am sure Gandalf has informed you of Saruman's betrayal." His tone turned grim. He turned to face the elleth again. "You are our last hope against Sauron." His voice was low.

She has heard those words before, from Gandalf. She honestly doesn't believe them. If she was truly hope for everyone, then why did she bring destruction in the past...

"Promise me you will see this mission to the end." He placed a hand on the elleth's shoulder. His eyes almost pleading her.

She has never seen Lord Elrond like this before. Eliriel nodded despite the sudden pressure she felt. "I will." She said simply giving the elf lord some relief. He let go of her.

"I believe some members of the Fellowship don't know about your true identity. I know you like to keep that part of yourself a secret but they will know sooner or later."

"I am well aware of that. But I will only use my abilities when necessary." Eliriel stated, fiddling with her ring again, a thing she does when anxious. "I don't want to repeat past mistakes."

Still to this day she was afraid. Of getting out of control and hurting herself as well as people she doesn't wish to. This ring helped her gain that sense of control she had lost after that incident. For it kept locked an ability she never wished to use again.

The elf lord sensed her fear and troubles. He knew all about them and he understood her. He was the one that had healed her that day after all. "Have faith Eliriel. Do not let the past haunt you." He smiled slightly to comfort her and she appreciated his concern.

"That was all, you may go. Get some rest. Your journey won't be an easy one." He told her and with a nod the elleth left, guided by a younger elf maiden to her room for the night.
____________

Getting rest. That was all Eliriel had to do.

And yet, she couldn't.

The elleth sat up on her bed. She was given a guest room to rest in just like all members of the Fellowship. But Eliriel couldn't sleep. So many thoughts were plaguing her mind.