01| 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥

AN: Thank you guys for your votes thus far, I hope you enjoy the first chapter. Have a good day/night!!<33

________________

A woman walked near the borders of a dark forest

A woman walked near the borders of a dark forest. Trollshaws it was called, earning the name from the amount of trolls that lived in caves in it. No person would ever want to be near there but the woman had her reasons.

She had her black cloak on, a hood was covering her face. But her eyesight was not affected. With her sword strapped on her waist, she continued her way, the moonlight shining on her path.

Just then, before she could enter the cursed forest, she heard loud shrieks that were all familiar to her, making her remember of an old wound.

One that would never heal.

A chill run down her spine as she turned her head and with her eyes she spotted four riders. All in black cloaks and horses.

'Ringwraiths...'

She moved swiftly and hid behind a large tree. Her hand gripping the hilt of her sword tightly, ready for combat. Her black cloak allowing her to blend easily with the shadows of the night. After a few moments, the riders left, sounding like they lost their prey.

After she was sure they were gone, she slowly left the tree and started walking in the forest.

Crack.

She stopped in her tracks at the sudden sound. She snapped her head around in all directions, unsheathing her sword. She slowly approached a large bush as more cracks came from it. Her steps soundless as she approached, pointing her sword at whatever was hiding in there.

"Who goes there?" Her voice strong and slightly deep on purpose.

Suddenly a figure came from behind the bush, making the woman widen her eyes in surprise. "Now, that is not the kind of welcome I expected from you, Eliriel." A deep, soft voice said.

Gandalf smiled at the elleth as a loud sigh escaped her lips. "This is the last place I thought I would see you, Gandalf. I mistook you for a troll." She chuckled at the end, putting her sword back in its sheath. The two shared a big hug after not seeing each other for so long.

"It's been so long my dear." The wizard spoke, as they pulled away from the hug.

"Tell me Mithrandir, why on Middle Earth are you in this forest. I saw four Nazgûl passing from here. Were they chasing after you?" Eliriel asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I am afraid so Eliriel. I first encountered them in Weathertop, but I managed to escape them." Gandalf nodded.

"Weathertop?"

"I was trying to find Aragorn and the hobbits, but they were long gone. I am worried something may have happened to them." Gandalf paused, taking a good at the elleth. "You know, I think you have stayed in the shadows for long enough." He said with a huff, walking forward and out of the forest.