Chapter Ten - Final Exams

I walked down the halls

    I walked down the halls. Reaching up I scratch my stitched face, simply sighing. I looked up at All Might, who'd I'd just been sparing, and almost getting my but beat, against.  Mere seconds later, I'm standing on a platform. It was a race, my head dipped as I sighed.
Then we raced, it honestly took me a few seconds to reach him. Then again, it was super unfair. I still had years more experience than the rest of them. After that we returned to classes. I ignored my classes staring. My head turned as my eyes flashed.

    I stood behind my class, my hands in my pocket as they told us the pairs we'd be in. Kaminari and Mina were going against Uncle Nezu. Aoyama and Uraraka against Auntie Anan. Koda and Jiro against papa. Tokyami and Tsu against Uncle Ectno. Sero and Yaoyorozu against Auntie Nem.
    While Shoji and Hagakura against Uncle Snip. Eijiro and Sato against Uncle Cementas. Iida and Ojiro against Uncle Loader. Kat was with Todoroki and they were going against dad.... Which leaves me. "Which leaves Izara, against..."
    "Me!" I stared at All Might. My lips pursed as my arms crossed. One word. One thought. My eyes closed and I sighed.
    "Fuck." I blinked. I've sparred against all my teachers, but the only one I've ever remotely struggled against...
    "Oh, and unlike the rest of it... All Might will have no restrictions." 'What!?' My head flew around as I stared at my father wide eyed. Then, I wasn't brave, strong, and powerful Amishta. I am weak, defenseless, useless Izara. "And Amishta can't have Luna." My eyes widened, and I looked at my cat.
    "I'm dead meat...." I whispered under my breath. Katsuki noticed.

    I paced. Walking up and down the hall. 'What if I... no that won't work. What about... no. Fuck....' My hands rushed up and I began to mess with my hair. "Dammit. He's stronger, faster, bigger, and just overall way better than me." I began to move quicker, now scratching at my scalp. I didn't realize that my class, who's won their matches or were still preparing for their finals, were watching me.
    I began to pace. "What do you think?" I looked over at Luna. I kneeled. "After all, you're the best one out of the two of us..." I scratched her chin. "You're bigger, faster, and way more powerful... after all..." sadness and dread filled my chest. "You also have a powerful and flashy quirk..."
    Tears filled my eyes as my head dipped. "I don't... I'm weak, useless, and powerless." My head turned as Luna crawled onto my shoulder. My hand moved to my hair again.
"If Amishta is so great, then doesn't that mean you as Izara are as great?" The alarm went off and I realized it was my turn.
    "If that's true..." I looked down. "Then Amishta is just as Useless as Izara." I turned, looking up and walking to the doors.    

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I ran down the streets, hidding in the shadows as I barely fucking dodged All Might. 'I'm so fucking screwed...' my heart was pounding in my chest like a drum. Then, another attack. 'Fuck!' I used my grappling hook, and shot up and forward.
    "Running away hero?"
'Of course I'm running away! I can't fight you!' My eyes flashed back. Only to widen at the sight of All Might coming at me full force. 'Shit!' I spun, barely dodging his attack. 'I'm alone! I don't have backup or anything! It's just me!' I continued to swing. 'But even then I'm screwed! Im... I'm alone again.' My hands shook as I swung once again.
    I flew through the air as I began to drop down. 'How is this fair?' I moved faster. 'I'm going to lose this... aren't I?' I was just about to accept my failure as I continued to run.
    '"You're amazing Ami!" Uraraka.
    "Wow... really? I never thought of it like that." Sero.
    "You're pretty cool. I mean come on, how many people can say they outran hawks." Tsu.
    "I think I'll use that then." Todoroki.
    "Wow! You're so cool!" Mina.
    "I see... you truly are amazing, Ami." Iida.' And so many more. I slowed down. Coming to a stop.
    '"We'll be heroes together!" Kat.' My head picked up as I leaned against the wall, hiding in the shadows. 'Why...' my eyes closed... well eye. I only have one working eye now. 'Why is it... That everyone else has so much faith in me... they place it in the wrong person.' Tears streamed down my face. 'I've been surviving and living on pure luck...' I looked at my watch. 'Has it really only been thirty seconds?'
    My head turned as a memory resurfaced. '"Why did you pick me?" Edgeshot looked at me, confusion in his eyes. "Why send me an offer?"
    "That... Why do you ask?"
    "Because everyone has this false notion that I'm some... super being. But I'm not. I'm human, plain old boring normal human."
    "You're the most wanted vigilante and woman in Japan. Well you where, now you're the most renowned and well respected heroine in training. Anyone would be lucky to have you." I shook my head.
    "I've only lived this far because of luck. I can run, and I can hide. That's all I'm good at." He raised a brow, and picked up my analysis journal, followed by my tech journal, and finally my training journal.
    "I don't think so. Izara." My head snapped up to his eyes. "Your research, your analysis, your technological designs. They're all top notch, better than that even." He tapped my training journal. "And you can do things I could only dream of physically doing when I was your age." He looked me dead in the eyes. I looked down.
    "That Amishta. I'm useless as Izara..." he sighed.
    "What makes you say that?"
    "Because that's the truth. The bitter harsh truth."
    "You're wrong." I looked up, confused. "Amishta, Izara. They're both one in the same, my dear. They're both you." I looked back down.
    "Then that means Amishta is just as useless as Izara."
    "No. It means you as Izara are as strong. As amazing, as brave as Amishta." I looked up, confused. He sighed. "Why did you pick Amishta." 'You can be and do anything you want my Little WildFlower. For you are Limitless.'
    "Because it meant Limitless..."
    "Why did you pick a name meaning limitless, if you didn't believe you could be so?" I blinked.
    "I-"
    "Why did you become a hero, a vigilante, if you didn't think you could." I looked down.
    "I— because..." 'You can be anything you want Little WildFlower.' "Because..." 'For you are Limitless.' "Because daddy said I could."
    "He's not the only one." I looked up. Shocked.' I blinked, realization striking me like a punch to the gut. I laughed, leaning back as my head fell into my hands. How could I have been so stupid? I looked up, a grin on my face as I looked back in the direction of the explosions. 'I have a plan.' I looked at my watch. 'And I've still got nine minutes left.' I dug my feet into the ground, and lunged into the shadows. 'That's more than enough time.'