Chapter Nine - Internships and Hero Names

I crossed my arms as I dodged Shinso. It was Monday and classes were to start.... Thirty minutes. "Enough. Time to get ready for class." The purple haired boy nodded and we went our separate ways. Soon I'm sitting in class. My arms crossed as I looked up choking at the sight. Four thousand offers... Todoroki had two, Kat one... I blinked. I just huffed, then shrugged.
    My head turned. "What about you Todoroki? I'm keeping my Vigilante Cade name."
    "Shoto..."
    "No." I shot him down. "That's boring." I shook my head.
    "What do you suggest?" I paused.
    "Your quirk, half hot half cold. It is completely balanced right?"
    "Yes."
    "Then what about. The Balance Hero: Equinox." He hummed. Katsuki turned his head.
    "I'm gonna use it."
    "Huh?" Then it hit me. "Oh shit. Really?"
    "Yeah." Then everyone continued to show their hero names. To my complete and utter shock Shoto used my suggestion. So did Kat. In the end it was just me and Iida. I raised my hand.
    "I'm just gonna keep my vigilante name. The Limitless Vig-Hero Amishta."
    "You sure?" I shrugged.
    "Can't really change my name now. I've been exposed."

    I sat at my desk, staring at the stack of papers. I crossed out name after name, first with the ones I have bad blood with, or just flat out dislike. Which resulted in me having about a page left of names. Turning I grabbed a spare piece of paper, and began to write names. I paused, seeing a name I was so going to study under.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Anxiety bubbled in the pits of my stomach... I tightened my grip on my briefcase holding my costume as I sat in the train. Then before I knew it, I was walking up to his agency. Swallowing, I walked in. Looking at my feet as I took in a breath. Then I walked in.
    The instant I was inside I was fucking attacked! Going off the red string that shot at me I knew it was Edgeshot. I dropped my briefcase. Jumping up and twisting. Grabbing the ribbon as a memory of my Annalise surfaced. I grabbed the red ribbon. And yanked it so hard that it rebuilt into Edgeshot.
    His eyes, and all the eyes of everyone watching us. I then shot forward, catching him off guard as my hands shot forward, grabbing his scarf and yanking him forward. His eyes widened even more, I caught him off guard. Perfect. My hand shot out, catching him by the back of his head turning and went to slam his head into the ground.
    Then I realized just who I was fighting. My face exploded in red and I instead humored away. Picked up my suitcase. And used it to hide my face. "I'm so sorry. You spooked me which pushed me into fight mode...."
    "Don't apologize for that." He stood up. "I greatly underestimated you... I apologize. You can, after all, outrun Hawks and escape Endeavor." I blushed. But nodded. Still hiding behind my case.
    "Y-yes sir..." he blinked.
    "Come. Let's walk, you'll settle in today, we'll start training tomorrow. I'll tell you the schedule as we walk."
    "O-okay..." then we began to walk.
    "You'll go on patrols with me. When we are not patrolling I'd like you to train or help around the agency."
    "Okay..." I nodded. "I-I can do that." He looked at me. I kept my eyes on the ground.
    "Who would have thought... Amishta would be so timid." I blushed and looked away.
    "I-I'm not Amishta... well not right now. Now I'm Izara." He blinked.
    "What's the difference?"
    "Amishta's strong, brave, and limitless. She's also smart, and quick witted. She's on par with most heroes and knows no fear." I looked down. "Izara is small, weak, frail. Powerless, useless, and extremely limited." I felt Edgeshot stare at me.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Edgeshot stared at the girl next to him. 'She's insecure... that's what you meant Eraser. I see now... what did her mother do to her?' The male looked forward. "I see..." he blinked. 'She's a good kid. Strong, brave, fast, smart. As Amishta she sees that. But as Izara she doesn't.' "Then we'll just have to work on that..." 'I'll work on her confidence as Izara as well.' She looked at me, and I looked down at her. "I'll help you settle in." She just nodded.