Chapter 1: The Encounter

All characters, events, and places in this book are fictitious, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Zuri sat at her desk, surrounded by textbooks and sticky notes, her pen taking notes across the pages as she learned every word with focused attention. From a young age, she had been taught by her parents the value of hard work and excellence, who dreamed of nothing less than success for their daughter.

The Elonar family, despite their best efforts, had always struggled against poverty. They worked day and night to provide for their three children, the eldest Zuri, with a heart full of ambition; Zara, the middle child with a spirit as fiery as her hair; and Zane, the youngest, whose laughter echoed like music through their humble home.

As the teacher entered the classroom, Zuri, sitting at the front of the class rose to her feet.

"Good morning, everyone, Let's all welcome our teacher" she began, her voice clear and confident.

All her classmates stood up greeting the teacher, sitting in her place, she caught sight of a new figure standing behind the professor. As he stepped forward, the sudden intensity of his gaze caught her off guard, for a moment she felt exposed and vulnerable under his unsettling gaze.

"Good morning, class," the teacher said

"Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Zion Metrich."

Zion, had a tall, athletic frame that showed confidence, drawing the attention of everyone in the classroom. His dark hair was styled effortlessly, and his eyes were a mesmerizing shade of hazel. He wore a sleek, fitted black jacket that accentuated his broad shoulders and a pair of dark pants that hugged his muscular legs perfectly.

"Good morning, everyone" he began

"I've recently moved here with my family. Looking forward to getting to know every one of you."

As he spoke, Zion's eyes stopped on Zuri for a moment longer. The whispers among the students grew louder, the girls giggling behind their hands as they exchanged knowing glances.

Despite Zuri's best efforts to focus on the lesson, she found herself distracted by his burning eyes on her. When the bell finally rang, she wasted no time in gathering her things and making a quick exit.

During lunch period, she made her way to the cafeteria going to her usual table, she spotted Luna, her best friend in school. she had long, crystal-like hair cascading down her back and bright blue eyes. She was wearing a fitted, off-the-shoulder top in a bold shade of pink, paired with high-waisted jeans in classic blue denim. She sparkled with excitement as she waved Zuri over.

"Hey, Zuri! I saved you a seat," she exclaimed.

"Hey Luna" she replied looking a bit out of focus than usual.

"You look a bit different, is there anything bugging you ?" Luna said,

"Nothing really, I am fine" Zuri replied.

As they continued to chat, Luna's stories filled the table, she had always been the life of the party, effortlessly drawing people to her with her bubbly personality and magnetic charm. Zuri Lost in her thoughts, suddenly her heart skipped a beat as she felt a warm hand gently touching her shoulder.

The scent of a rich, enticing cologne filled the air. She turned around slowly, her breath catching in her throat as she came face to face with Zion.

"Hey, Beautiful," Zion greeted with a charming smile, his hazel eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief.