CHAPTER 15

"So this is my friend, Y/n L/n, currently 27. We've been friends since we're kids so don't weirded out by his behaviour towards me." Y/n smile and wave at them.

"Oh, I didn't expect you to be same same age as me. I thought you were younger!" Heewon chuckle.

"Ah, I thought you were older, Heewon-ssi. I almost call you noona earlier. You look like a very matured woman!" Y/n happily shake hands with Heewon.

"I think you know everyone here now, Y/n?" Y/n nod and look at Gilyoung who hugging Dokja.

"Hyung, Gilyoung looks like he really likes you. Why don't you adopt him already?" Gilyoung's eyes sparkle as he heard that and look at Dokja in hope.

"Y/n, don't give him a weird idea!"

"I'm not though? Look, if normal people see this, they will think Gilyoung is your kid!"

"Woah, you're right! HAHAHA! I can totally see that, Y/n! Gilyoung is like Dokja's obedient son!" Heewon snicker and first bump with Y/n.

"So... Who's the mother? Or perhaps his other father?"

Heewon then whisper to Y/n.

"I bet it's Sangah."

"Eh really? I think it's Joonghyuk-ssi." Whispers Y/n back.

"Wha- Dokja call themselves companions but Joonghyuk always has that glare when he meet Dokja! It can't be him!" Heewon whisper shout.

"Tsk, tsk. Heewon-ssi. Did you ever read a romantic story? Ever heard of enemies to lovers genre?"

Dokja's smile twitch. Why? Because he can clearly hear their so called whisper conversations.

"And you- ack!" Dokja innocently smile at Y/n and pinch his cheeks.

"You sure talk a lot of nonsense."

Y/n try to pull away his cheeks from Dokja's grip but Dokja didn't budge.

"I'm jush telling the truth! You lov your pro-"

"Excuse me, let me steal him for a second." And with that, Dokja drag Y/n away from the group.

"Aww, hyung. I was just getting to the hot point!" Dokja sigh while Y/n innocently look at him.

"What? It's true that you love your favourite protagonist. You just don't want to admit it."

"... He is wary of me, Y/n-"

"He won't anymore in the future."

"Huh?" Dokja blink at the smiling Y/n.

"Would you believe me if I say one day, you will hear him admit that you're his companion?"

"..." Seeing Dokja's hesitance, Y/n smile.

"Dokja-hyung, did I ever lied to you before?" Dokja slowly shake his head.

"Then don't lost hope!" Y/n laugh and slap Dokja's back.

"By the way, now that I've got your back again, what made you still hesitate to open up to the others?" Dokja blink.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't think I didn't notice it, hyung. I've been with you since we're kids."
Y/n softly chukle and continue. "You're acting distance with them because you still see them as characters, hyung."

"..."

Seeing Dokja's silence, Y/n softly smile and gently pat Dokja's back.

"You have to open up to them, hyung. Or else they won't understand you. Now that you've made more friends, especially a loyal one like them, they're the one who you can trust the most. It's hard to find someone like them in these situations, you know?"

"They will feel the distance between you and them in the future if you keep doing this. I suspect they're already confront you how you know them so much when you still new to each other."

"..."

"Hyung, you mustn't let go of these people. They're now a real person, not a character anymore. You must accept this."

"Why..." Dokja then hold Y/n's hand tightly.

"Why must I do that when I already have you? I already opened up to you, you know everything about me. I don't need someone else for that."

Y/n smile.

"Hyung, I can't stay by your side forever. Who knows I'll die before you in the future scenarios? We don't know our fate, hyung."

"You won't die! I-I can protect you! Our group can! So you won't probably get killed when you have our protection!" Dokja then put his head on Y/n's shoulder.

"The thoughts of you dying... Please, I can't even imagine that. I just got you back to my side and you already talk about things that..."

"... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying the truth. I'm not gonna leave you as long as I'm alive." Y/n pat Dokja's head and softly chukle.

"And shouldn't I'm the one who supposed to protect you, hyung?"

"That is my job since we're kids after all."