-Chapter5- part 1

Kens pov.

It was morning and it was bright. I had yet to get used to the morning help. Each morning I didn't wake up to my future husband was another morning I was woken up by servants clattering footsteps. 

“Breakfast will be served in 30 minutes, the King insisted on letting you sleep in so we must make haste.” Machelle, my personally assigned head maid, said as she practically had to pull me out of the comfortable sheets. When I say I got comfortable and very adapted to this new life that would be half lying. It still felt like I was in a dream that could end any moment but I cleared the thought. 

“Please lift your arms,” the stubborn woman exclaimed as she tried helping me undress. “As I said before, I'll bathe and clothe myself,” I remarked, taking the clothing off of the night stand and heading towards the bathroom. 

“Even after requesting me you reject my help, oh well,” It was true. Originally Felix had given me three male servants but it felt too uncomfortable. I didn't fear men, I just didn't want servants in the first place. Which then led me to do what any reasonably smart person would do and that was ask for one or none. Obviously that didn't work. All Felix did was have a flash of sadness pass through his facial expression to have me melting, so I at least asked for one female maid to be thrown in the mix since getting along with women was a million times easier for me. 

“Anything different about today?”

“Yes, the King's mother, her majesty, should be arriving later this evening. Other than that there is no other news to note.” 

“Her majesty?” I completely forgot about Felix's mother. “Do I need to do anything specific for meeting her? Like bring flowers or something?” I asked as I had just finished getting dressed in the pastel yellow robes I was given. The cloth itself felt smooth and star-like with how the small patterns and hand sewn designs looked as if they danced in the light. 

“Other than bowing as a greeting when she addresses you, no. Are you ready Royal con- I mean Ken?” I had asked the lovely people assigned to help me to just call me Ken but it's a slow work in progress. 

“Yes, is Fee waiting for me already?” 

“He should be in the dining hall hon! Ah I mean Royal- ah, Ken, sorry about that.” 

“It's okay Machelle, you can call me that too.”

“Okay, thankyou,” with a smile she guided me to the dining hall as per usual. 

On the way I caught a glimpse of Murdock standing in the hallway. Observing me, as eye contact approached he broke it off by shuffling away back into his study. I may have had a few disagreements with him but normally it wouldn't grant such an off feeling. 

“Somethings wrong with his eyes.” 

“What?” she questioned. I realized that we had stopped walking.

“Oh it's nothing, let's go, Fee’s waiting.” Through the many challenging previous years on earth I had picked up a knack for perceiving people accordingly. Things weren't looking too good with Murdock but there isn't much I can do about it. “What power do I have over him anyway? Should I ask Felix?”

Felix's pov.

“Hey there handsome!” The sound of Ken's voice pulled me out of the book I had been reading. 

“Likewise pup,” I could feel my face pulling into a grin.

“Using that face is cheating!” Ken said, pouting with a lovely pink appearing onto his cheeks.