𐀔 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ~ 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𐀔

THE STORY STARTS FROM SHAHNAWAZ MANZIL....

Lahore, Pakistan..

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the village of Lahore, Zayn Shah Nawaz emerged from the imposing gates of his family's estate. His posture was rigid, his movements calculated, exuding an aura of unapproachable authority.

With each step, Zayn's piercing gaze swept over the villagers, his cold demeanor leaving no room for warmth or compassion. His lips curved into a disdainful sneer, as if he considered himself superior to those around him.

As the son of Ali Ahmed, the esteemed head of the village, Zayn carried himself with an air of entitlement, believing himself to be above the petty concerns of the common folk.

With a flick of his wrist, Zayn dismissed the villagers who dared to approach him, their pleas for help falling on deaf ears. To him, they were mere pawns in his father's grand scheme, insignificant in the grand tapestry of his ambition.

Arrogant, cold, and utterly devoid of empathy, Zayn Shah Nawaz was a force to be reckoned with, his heart as frigid as the icy winds.

A middle aged man appears beside Zayn. He was a worker in his house.

Zayn looks at him confused. The individual proceeded to offer Zayn some documents, prompting him to promptly accept and review them.

Zayn snatch the papers harshly. He throughly reads.
He then throws the papers aside in frustration.

He clenches his hand into a fist in rage. He turns back and goes inside the house with a demeanor marked by anger.

He ceases at his place, when he sees his Mother having her tea and Breakfast.

His Mother, Benazir Shahnawaz Ahmed discreetly sees her son through her eyelashes while having her tea.

"As-Salaam-Alaikum Zayn.." Benazir says smiling softly.

"Wa alaikum assalam, Ma.." He says with blank expression.

He hates his Mother. After his father's death, he underwent a significant emotional shift. Though not naturally unkind, his demeanor became colder due to the circumstances. Despite his mother's earnest attempts to connect with him through kindness, he remains indifferent. He holds his mother responsible for his father's fate, which has contributed to his skepticism about love.

His mother invites him to join her by gesturing towards a nearby seat, yet he averts his gaze and politely declines, stating, "Main yahi theek hun"

{I'm comfortable where I am.}

His mother's expression shifts to one of guilt and sadness upon receiving her son's response.

A period of silence ensues between them, until Zayn breaks it with a question "Un kagazon ka matlab kya hai jo aapne mujhe bheje the?? Aur usme yeh kyun likha hai ki yeh ghar aapka hai, hamara nahi, Zara aur mera?"

{Could you please explain the contents of the documents you sent me? I noticed they indicate ownership of the house under your name, rather than mine and Zara's. Why is that?}

She looks at her son in disbelief. She gently places her teacup on the table and says, "Zayn Beta, tum galat samajh rahe ho. Ghar teeno ke naam pe hai. Tumhare abbu ne woh kaghazat banwaye thay. Aur tumhari maa hone je wajeh se, main bhi ghar ka hissa hoon."

{Zayn, you are misunderstanding me. The house is in the name of three of us. Your father gave us. And because I'm your mother, I am part of this house too}