His face immediately changed at my words, his eyebrows rising in surprise.

"Kyle?"

I nodded.

The surprised expression didn't go away for another few moments, when it did, he was already mind linking with someone, probably his alpha. I wasn't sure why the guard seemed surprised as it wasn't uncommon for fairies to visit a pack if the situation demanded for it. But it was the first time for me to be here, at Blossom's pack. I just hoped the alpha gave his approval, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go in.

I was running out of time.

"Alpha isn't here, but our beta has granted his permission. You can enter, but you have to wait at the border until the beta gets here"

Thank god...

I sighed loudly on hearing those beautiful words, and started walking towards the border along with the guard smiling visibly not even trying to hide it. It felt like I was progressing at last after a very long time and I was one step closer to convincing Kyle. It was my first project, the fairies who got assigned along with me were already moved on to their second one successfully while I was here without even having met with one of the pair.
Anyway, now I was going to, that was all matter.

"Don't get too excited, Kyle isn't
exactly easy to deal with"

The guard told me once we reached the border where more wolves hung around.

"Do you know Kyle?", I asked curiously as Layla had warned me about the same thing. I knew abouthis parents and a little bit of Kyle'spast from the file that godmother team sent me. But, I wasn't aware of anything about Kyle's present condition and the guard's words were not exactly helping.

Now, I was worried.

"Yes"

That was all his answer making me purse my lips. He was being too much of a guard. Couldn't he loosen up a little bit?

Deciding to shut my mouth in the hope of not wanting to get anymore worried than I already was, I tried to focus on the surroundings of the pack, instead.

Just like in human world, it was a busy day here as well. While some People seemed to be in a hurry in the process of starting their days, some people were just chilling in their huge wolf form running around not caring about anything. Guards were scattered all over the place to protect their pack whom eyes were now on me.

In fact, not only the guards,the more I walked the more I got everyone's attention. Some glared at me, some looked at me curiously. I would never get used to either of those things.

It was really hurtful. I was an outsider, not an enemy.

"Oliver!"

I heard someone yell at us bringing me out of my thoughts. My name wasn't Oliver, so the guy who was standing next to me must be Oliver. Finally! I was thankful to know his name at last, tired of mentioning him as the 'guard'.

I saw a guy running towards us in plain white t shirt and a khaki pants.

My eyes widened at how handsome he was with his shortly cut black hair and eyes, he was taller than Oliver and lean but nicely built. Sure, male fairies were attractive as well, but they tended to have a hint of feminine look in them opposite to wolves whose appearance screamed masculinity whether it be a male or female. I admired it in them.

"Beta", Oliver bowed once the guy was in front of us who just rolled his eyes at him before poking Oliver's stomach playfully.

"Chase, just call me Chase, Oliver. Just because I got promoted as the beta, it doesn't mean you have to address me as one. When will you get it, my man? "