8. Manipulation

“Under the night sky, she struts on the footpath like the world is at her feet. Her metal doored brown eyes watch the people passing by stare or gawk at her. The aura that surrounds her is strong, confident and passionate. Everywhere she goes, men drool over her and women envy her. Her figure built for a woman, many would comment, but she feels pride in knowing she is better. Different. A face as any other in the crowd, she still stands out.

The thing about this fair lady is that she exists as a face in the crowd but she is far from just a face. Elegant like the frozen fractals, she could overturn seas with the rage as wild as a forest fire.” the old woman sat in her rocking chair narrating a tale she made up for the children. Every one of them listened to her intendly.

"But like everyone she holds a weakness. She holds no respect for the elders. She believes herself to be the strongest, mightiest and higher than anyone. But to be her is a sin. You never disrespect or talk back to your elders. If do so, there will come a day when someone will strike back and destroy your life.”

"Am I that scary that you need to shove fear into young minds into doing your bidding?" mocked the woman in question appearing into the small house.

"What are you doing in my house?" the story teller demanded standing up on her feet.

"You made a deal with a man I am proud to call father and I am here to collect." The woman held a brave stance even if she cowered blinking her eyes to reduce the amount of strange reaction. The children who sat near the foot of her rocking chair looked at the red haired intruder and back at the woman who was narrating a story confused but intrigued.

"Can we discuss this elsewhere?" The woman beseeched glancing at the young children in the room.

"I rather them listen to you converse with the woman from your story but whatever the storyteller wishes." Marilyn smiled wickedly before a small giggle erupted.

The woman led Marilyn into a joined room which looked like a tacky makeshift office. "What is it that the devil needs?"

"Actually the devil' daughter needs it. I am collecting on his behalf." Marilyn corrected her. "What did he help you with?"

"What do you need help with?"

"Straight to business. Fine, tell me how to I reverse a linking spell?" asked Marilyn pulling out a piece of parchment from the pocket of her jacket and handed it to the witch standing in front of her.

"Interesting. Old world spell. Almost extinct." The witch commented reading the contents of the page.

"Who is linked?" Marilyn chuckled dryly in response.

"Yes, it isn't much of your concern. Reverse the bloody spell so you can resume the storytelling business of yours."

"Why should I help you?" The woman asked.

"Because dad did you a favour with whatever it was that you wanted and now you owe him. As his only daughter I am cashing in that favour. Now, get to work." he voice echoed inside the small room, but still low enough so to not reach the ears of the children across a small fragile door.

"Your father did me dirty." The witch snapped slamming the paper on the small table. "He promised me glory."

"And you got it. Parents, peers and society respects you. There's glory." she defended Lucifer.

"I had power. It grew with the right spells and logistics. But now they look at me like a haggard old lady who did good amount of evil in her days." She whispered complaining to Marilyn. Marilyn took pity on the woman but studied her inspite of it. The woman wore a floor long gown with full sleeves undoubtedly covering the wrinkled skin and tattoes from every animalistic ritual she did as time progressed for selfish gains. Her eyes had bags under them and a red puffiness on her cheekbones. Her hair were rough like the strings of an old broom tied up in a bun to not make the balding areas prominent.