4. She is new

Marilyn blinked her eyes staring at the broken pieces of glass scattered across the floor around Rebekah and Kol's feet.

Marilyn turned around her left slightly and gave a quick glance at the bartender standing close by, "I'll pay for that." he nodded his head and went away.

"She's your WHAT?" Kol shrieked in a pitched voice gaping at both Marilyn and Klaus. The lovers gazed at one another foolishly and dreamily grinning before they turned to their family again.

"Yes, Kol. This is my fiance." obviously it was still a massive shock to them all.

"How is that possible?"

"When did this happen?"

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Klaus was bombarded with questions from his siblings.

Marilyn smiled inwardly watching the siblings attack Klaus almost demandingly.

"I will answer all questions. Later." Klaus ignored the protests from his two younger siblings and dragged Marilyn to the bar.

He gestured to the bartender to pour two glasses for them. "How are you my dear?" she asked him. Both sat on the high stools by the bar table, facing each other.

"Missed you."

"Me too."

"Your work went quite well I assume." he cheekily commented and pressed the glass to his lips.

"You would know all about it. Wouldn't you?" she retorted. "I mean you did see the photos."

Klaus scrunched his face and wrinkled his nose, "I didn't. Your smile tells me everything I need to know."

Marilyn nodded her head suggestively and hummed, "so it has nothing to do with your yearly subscription to Vogue and my Renecouture magazine, would it?"

"I don't know what you're referring to." Klaus turned away from her and drank some more of his scotch but a smile was still evident on his lips.

Marilyn gasped dramatically, "really?" she erupted into a fit of giggles. Marilyn threw her head back laughing before she leaned forward and placed a hand on his knee to balance herself. Klaus joined in on the laughs.

Both were deep within their little bubble ignoring the several eyes on them.

Elena turned to Stefan and with a confused voice she inquired. "What is happening? Who is she?"

"You recognised her, didn't you?" asked Damon rudely.

"Yes, but ── that...can't be ── her. I mean Marilyn doesn't have a boyfriend."

"No no no." Caroline dismissed her best friend. "She does have a boyfriend. Remember?"

Elena thought over Caroline's words before she suddenly realised.

"What?" asked Damon. It was evident that the entry of a new face especially a Mikaelson ── by relation had not agreed with him.

"She said that she was in a relationship in, I think 2002? Yeah sounds about right. But she wanted to keep it a secret because the guy was shy."

"Shy? Klaus?" Stefan repeated in a venomous tone. "Clearly there's a mistake here."

"Yes because the original hybrid in love with a human seems unrealistic." said Caroline as a matter of fact.

"What if she's not? Not a human." Elena theorised. "Possible. She's looked the exact same since the first time she launched her career."

"Vampire?"