7. She's my Only Angel

To say Klaus was furious was underestimating his true capacity. He had a reputation of not responding well to threats thrown at the ones he cared the most about; family and close friends. Filled with rage and wanting to spill the blood of the older Salvatore consumed him.

"I'll kill him. I will make him regret ever touching you." Klaus promised Marilyn, anger coating his eyes.

Marilyn placed her hands into his. "He stabbed me in the back when I was making my way to the grill. So, I staked him just below his heart along with Stefan and killed Abby Bennett." she told him, her voice shaking. Klaus leaned closer and placed a kiss on her lips. He assured himself that she was fine for the moment before he turned back to his brothers.

"We stopped her temporarily but she will retaliate soon." Klaus told them.

Elijah and Kol stared at the couple as they processed everything Marilyn just confessed.

"Gentleman? Please, it is not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal? You are the devil's daughter." Elijah reiterated, the flabbergasted state evident in his eyes and the pale white face.

"When Nik said you're his only angel, I thought he was being a crazy romantic idiot and not──" kol trailed off, "you're really an Angel?"

"Half. Only half angel. My mum was human." Marilyn waited for more questions but all the two of them did was stare at her making her feel conscious.

"Can we go back? I need a shower and rinse off death off of me."

"Of course, love. Let's go." Klaus took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders. Marilyn smiled at the gesture and began walking alongside the Mikaelson brothers.

 Marilyn smiled at the gesture and began walking alongside the Mikaelson brothers

It felt like an interrogation room. With Marilyn on one end, sitting alone on an armchair with the three clueless and curious Mikaelson siblings in front of her. Klaus peered over his left shoulder, glancing at Marilyn.

It was almost midnight, everyone freshened up after the evening's events. Marilyn sat silent ── scarily silent. Her silence, the blank stare she had on the floor worried Klaus. After all, the unkillable had just been killed. But she was alive. How? A question no one had an answer for.

He poured glasses of bourbon for everyone. He brought the first one to Marilyn. He held it up to her. Marilyn still hadn't looked up.

"Love?" called Klaus. Marilyn looked up with a flinch. She took the glass from him, her eyes returning to the floor again.

Klaus knelt by the chair, squatting down. He held her hands on her lap and glanced at her. "Marilyn talk to me."

"I'm...fine. I'll just um...need time." she said trying to deflect a conversation. Marilyn turned to the siblings. "You need answers. I'll give them."

Klaus hung his head low and got up. Stubbornness, a common trait that almost always drove them to the cliff but they came back around always. Marilyn took a sip of the bourbon, letting the taste linger on her tongue for a little longer than necessary. She looked up again, meeting the eyes of the siblings who awaited several answers.