No Victory Without First Suffering

Start from the beginning

I took out my cellphone and did a general web search: 'Symptoms of high oestrogen in men': Sexual dysfunction, gynecomastia turning into breasts, lower urinary tract symptoms, increased fat on hips and buttock, feeling tired, loss of muscle mass, emotional disturbances like depression...

It was a painful picture of things yet to come as sexual dysfunction was certainly the first problem that I had encountered...to be discrete...it's been almost nonexistent. And besides, things below began to feel...odd! Between being tired and depressed...it seemed that I was in the early stages of transgenderism...the only word that could best describe my changing situation.

Closing the file and hiding the USB drive back in my coat, my mind was constantly distracted.

'I need to be close to the ocean!' something inside my brain says over and over 'Go back to the source!'

If I could get to the beach where the egg was discovered, I might be able to find another one; or the female who created it. I did not understand my feelings, something inside of me seemed broken. Like being born prematurely. I felt trapped between worlds and if I could find another egg, everything would be alright!

There was a hope that if I returned...maybe someone who knew what was happening to me could reverse it!

My mind then was made up,

'I got to get out of this place...if it is the last thing that I ever do!'

I looked around as there was still the question of how I was going to escape from my quarantine hospital room. I knew that if I was caught in the act of escaping, I would most certainly face dire consequences...maybe even drug induced coma or death! However, I have this mantra:

'There can be no triumph without loss. No freedom without sacrifice! No victory without first suffering.'

I was going to try to find the missing answers, knowing that they most likely will result in more suffering; or be imprisoned as a scientific sacrifice to mankind's greed for knowledge and power.

For the last two days since I have become a long-term patient, I have been watching everyone's actions and have noticed a pattern. People are always predictable!

At 7am, nutritional staff comes into my room to give breakfast, unabated as Dr. Cole does not usually arrive until 9am. If I can distract the staff-member, I might be able to block the lock with something. I look around and look at one gummy I have stashed away. They tasted like starburst candy, but rolled into a ball, I could gum up the lock.

I went to work! I took the gummies and smashed them into a sticky ball and placed it in a pocket in my gown. I then slipped on my clothes under the hospital gown, hidden from sight. With my backpack ready, I kept it near the door as I took the hospital chair and placed it near the restroom and looked at my watch: 6:51am.

My heart fluttered as I hurried and grabbed some bandages and tape for the IV that I would have to remove on my own. Watching the door, I took out a paper and pretended to read it. I could hear the rattling of the food cart coming to my door as there was a knock and the door opened, unlocking.

"Good morning sweetheart!" says a nice old woman as she places the meal tray on the table. I look at the tray, seeming distraught.

"Them hash browns are terribly dry, do you have some ketchup?" I asked as she nodded.

"I can go downstairs after my run..."

"Then you ought to take the meal as it will be cold by the time you get back...and I do not want to waste your time. I believe the nurse said there were some in the nutritional room." she smiles as she exits the room to go fetch them "Thank you! You're a lifesaver!"