Chapter 8 Talks and Punishment

Adam knew what Skyler wanted, he found her in the Den. She was pacing from one end to the next and looked at him when he walked in. He leaned on the wall and let her explain what she wanted to talk about. Saying nothing as she started.

"I don't think she needs a spanking," Skyler said bluntly. Adam was not surprised how blunt she was, he always disliked when people sugar coated things. But he watched her saying nothing still and letting her get her reasoning out because well he was set and without a very good reason aside from "she already understands what she did was wrong, she doesn't need extra punishment."

Yep, that wasn't a reason for him. Adam sighed, he wanted to get her to understand a few things since this is what he had wanted to avoid. Though knew she was stubborn as a mule, he thought about what he could say to her.

"Did you ever get in trouble at school?"

"What?" she was so thrown off by the question that she just staired at him. Skyler made a face and tilted her head.

"Did you ever get into trouble at school and got detention?"

"Well, yes."

"Did you understand why you got detention and was it fair?"

"I guess, but that isn't that same thing. This isn't school."

"No, it's not school, but it's the same concept. Understanding what she did was wrong doesn't mean she won't get punished for her actions. I understand you wouldn't punish her now, but as you stated last night you would have spanked her. Right?"

"That is different."

"No, ma'am," Adam said sternly, "Understand this I wouldn't have last night, it was late, and her wellbeing was more of my concern last night. Just because she understands now and, in your eyes, you would not punish her, but that doesn't mean I will not. She was told multiple times no forest and she did it anyway. Getting lost and needed a search team."

"Isn't being scared enough?"

"Skyler, she disappeared for hours. Completely disregarded her safety and disobeyed. I cannot let that go unpunished. I wouldn't let it slide with Everett, and I will not give her special treatment for it. I told her no forest multiple times. Now I understand you are concerned; I understand you do not want me to discipline her. She is a child; she is bound to make mistakes and as her guardian it's my responsibility to guide her from never doing this again."

"No, cause with Everett, you'll just punish him for protecting his girlfriend, that isn't fair at all."

"Excuse me?" He said it softly, at that Skyler paused looked at his face. He was still calm and collected, a heck of a lot better than how she was feeling right now because her pot was boiling, and it was about to boil over. So, she crossed her arms and glared. Adam raised an eyebrow.

"You punished Everett for protecting his girlfriend yesterday,"

"The school has a zero-tolerance policy, so he had to be punished by the school and it was fair I might add on to it if I deem it necessary for anyone under my care. Now as for Everett, yes, he is in a bit of trouble for throwing the first punch, there were multiple times he could have brought his concerns to an adult and did not. That is on him, though his discipline is none of your concern. Right now, you are stepping over a line you should not even be towing."

"You have his phone," she stated folding her arms continuing her rant, not seeming to listen to what Adam is saying right now. "Didn't you already spank him?"

"Let's be clear about some boundaries right now Skyler Blake. Everett is not your responsibility, and right now I'll let you interject your thoughts for Savannah but at the end of the day I am in charge. Do you understand that?"