09

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐉 𝐔 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 𝐓˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"you know, when i asked what we were going to do today i did NOT mean this." lucy moaned, squinting at the sun gleaming its golden beams in between her fingers as she shielded her face with her hand.

after much debate the boys where able to convince us to go to the neighbourhood park. apparently basketball tryouts where coming up and they just had to practice.

though we were still recovering from our hang-overs, getting some fresh air seemed like a good idea.

"WOOOOHOOOO." ben shouted as he began dribbling the basket ball through his legs and around the open court, his sneakers squeaking with every slide.

groaning, me and lucy covered our ears. nevermind.

"how are you even functioning right now?!" i yelled over to ben from lucy and i's sat position on the makeshift park bleachers.

"it's the michael b. jordan in my veins." he smirked before 'attempting' to dunk on lucas who easily took the ball from his hands and passed it to malik with a puzzled look.

"i think you mean michael jordan." he chuckled.

"that's what i said."

laughing to myself i shut my eyes and leaned against the bleachers trying to soak in the sun. the pounding in my head had slowed down to rare beats but the aching my muscles held continued to annoy me.

the noises of basketball shoes against the court and grunts mixed with prideful laughter laced with victory almost lulled me to sleep but, in an attempt at forcing my mind to stay awake, i glanced over to lucy who was passed out with a fresh pair of sunglasses covering her eyes.

"jules!" i heard an un familiar nickname reach my ears. i tilted my gaze away from the sun to realise it was one of the boys calling me.

"1v3?" ben smirked a devilish grin.

"that's a little unfair don't you think?" i tilted my head as i felt for my hair tie on my wrist. standing up from my position and ignoring the dizziness that welcomed its way into my head i tied up my hair and continued my intimidating glare in his direction.

"come on, scared?" he asked, noticing lucas take a few steps away from him and grabbing the ball.

"i'll team up with juliet." he stood next to me and nudged me lightly with his elbow. "me and her versus you two." he nodded to ben and malik.

ben cowered for a millisecond before covering up his fear in a mask i like to call male ego.

he nodded. "game on." ben began bouncing the basketball while turning his body in different angles.

he was too focused on showing off his moves, ignoring his teammates calls and didn't pay enough attention to me as i stepped in and took the ball from him.

i can't say i know how to play basketball but i know my way around the court. picking up my pace i locked my eyes onto the net and cursed under my breath after realising it was way taller than what i could reach.

malik zoomed in front of me and began waving his arms all around looking like a baby bird learning to fly.

i stared him down while bouncing the ball with my right hand and decided to risk it by throwing the ball towards the hoop. my face began to fall as i noticed the direction it was going in but once lucas grabbed a hold of it and pushed  it in the right direction i let a shout escape my pursed lips.