06

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐋 𝐎 𝐒 𝐄 𝐑 𝐒˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the sky was so blue and the early spring air so crisp. a soothing breeze sweeping through the trees and its branches. juliet listened to the silence of her surroundings intentionally as she sat by her window with her and lucas' book in hand.

  she closed her eyes taking a slow breathe in and out before re-opening them and dropping her gaze to the book's hard cover. one of her fingers held her position between its pages as she climbed off her windowsill and slipped on her favourite fluffy slippers.

it was saturday, which finally meant 'do absolutely nothing day' to which juliet followed by every word. usually she'd spend her saturdays lazily around the house or hanging out with her mom.

but this saturday was different.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"red or pink?" lucy tilted her head as she held up two shades of lipgloss in front of juliet's face.

"i choose or."

"julie." lucy dropped her arms and placed the makeup on juliet's desk. "this is serious."

  juliet sighed as she looked around her room. half her closet was thrown across the floor and her makeup just as much all over her desk. she sat in front of her mirror as lucy straightened her hair and tried to do her makeup.

she had texted her earlier asking if juliet was up for a party and initially—like any other lonely girl trying to be mysterious would—juliet declined, making sure to send extra heart emojis to the message.

smart. but didn't work.

"i'm not even sure if i want to go." juliet protested before lucy switched off the hair straightener and spun juliet's seat around so that they were face to face.

"juliet you live in a shell." lucy grabbed her new friends shoulders before cringing at her own comment. "no offence."

sighing to herself juliet couldn't help but feel the slap to reality the comment brought with itself. no matter what she told herself, it was true. "none taken."

  juliet was pretty sure that more than half of the school didn't even know she existed, teachers included. she couldn't help herself if her own presence allowed her to feel free in so much comfort and peace.

she just got, too used to it.

"besides." lucy trailed off once she noticed juliet's discouraged demeanour. "i heard lucas is also going."

squinting her eyes at the blonde girl juliet spun herself back around towards her reflection and began applying mascara onto her already long eye lashes. "so?"

"sooo, i sense some sort of teenage hormonal chemistry between you two." lucy sat on juliet's bed and swung her heel fitted feet.

"teenage chemistry?" juliet chuckled.

"yeah like if given the chance he'd totally devour you from the inside out-."

"what?" juliet stared at lucy with her face emotionless and her ears twitching at what she had just heard come out of lucy's mouth.