Chapter 11

I wrote the first half of the chapter to Time by Hans Zimmer, Light the Night by Tracy Chattaway and Levitation by Beach House

Enjoy

------------

I could barely look up from the ground as I heard the cries of my siblings when I was tossed back into the cell. My arms weak from being strung up in copper chains for the last week. I only felt their tears soaking my torn clothing when they reached me, my body pulsing in pain from their impact.

I slowly moved to wrap my arms around their trembling bodies, cradling their heads to mine. Relief filled me when I realised they were okay. I didn't know how long we'd been here, but Orrian and Zilyana had been crying for mama and papa for days now. The worst pain filling me when I could hear their cries for me in the other cell when we were separated.

My own tears fell down my face as I hugged their small bodies to mine and moved us into one of the farthest corners of the dark cell.

It was always dark here.

I tried to keep my siblings silent, pressing my dirt covered hands over their mouths, I couldn't risk the evil lady hurting them for being too loud. The mean lady hadn't come to see us, which made me scared and relieved at the same time. She always hurt us when she came here with the big man.

I didn't know how many days had passed since we were taken from the castle. I only remembered playing with Orrian and Zilyana in the huge trees by the town before three big men took us. I'd been careful to keep my eyes on my siblings but I wasn't careful enough.

I didn't mean to let my siblings get taken. I didn't want them to be hurt but as I cradled Zilyana's six year old self on my lap, my heartbeat increased at the fear that poured out of our bodies. I didn't mean to fail in protecting them.

A whimper fell from Orrian's lips, his dark blue eyes meeting mine as his bottom lip trembled. "I want papa," he cried out softly, his tiny hand curling into my torn shirt as more tears fell down his bruised face. I frowned deeply as I wiped my face and then his tears, pulling him closer to hide his head into my neck.

There wasn't anything I could say except a weak, "I know." I wanted my parents too, I wanted to go away from the dark place that smelt of blood and excrement. We weren't allowed to leave for the toilet, we hadn't showered and the stench that surrounded us burned my nose as I shifted to sit better.

My body stung around my ribs from the kicks the big man had given me three days ago for screaming at him. I tried to stop them from hurting my siblings. They could hurt me, not them. But he didn't like that, the mean lady didn't like that too.

They knew we were royal. They made sure to tell us that they knew everything about my family. The mean lady wanted to hurt me because papa hurt her. I didn't understand what she meant by that. Papa only knew mama, he said mama was his μοιραία but the mean lady said she was papa's μοιραία.