Chapter 6

(For the people who like to listen to music while they read, I wrote the beginning of this chapter with Feels Like by Gracie Abrams on repeat)

--------------------------------

My friends' words faded away into a small buzz with the rest of the world as our eyes met again. I could see them clearer now, the grey in her almond eyes standing out despite our distance in the restaurant.

When my hand dropped and I felt someone's touch on my shoulder, I pulled my eyes away from her stunning smile and looked in the person's direction to meet the green eyes of Zira. I almost wanted to look away from them and back to the grey ones but I blinked and shook my thoughts away.

Merde

"Who are you staring at?" They asked and looked at where I staring but they didn't see anything.

"Don't both look at the same time but the royal family is here," I whispered to my best friends, my voice barely audible like I expected the people in question to hear me. "In the far right-"

My best friends both snapped their heads to where I said before I finished and I groaned lowly, bending my head down so my hair could cover my face, hiding from any lingering gazes. Of course, they didn't listen.

"I said don't both look!" I hissed lowly, as both their jaws dropped when they realised that the princess and her siblings were right here like I said.

"No fucking way," Leilani breathed out, her hands scrambling in her bag in search of her phone to take a picture of the woman to the left of the princess, my heart calmed for some reason when I saw that she wasn't taking a picture of the princess.

I reached over to snatch her phone away, my eyes wide when I quickly glanced to their table just to make sure they didn't see Leilani do that. "You can't just take pictures of people!"

"Why not? I'm sure they are used to it," Leilani stated as she held her hand out for her phone. I shook my head and handed the phone to Zira who smirked at Leilani's frown when they placed it on the furthest side of the table. "They are royalty after all."

"Doesn't mean that they deserve to have their morning interrupted, everyone else isn't taking pictures of them and yet you are. Plus I'm sure your flash was on." Zira commented, glancing back to the Castennes family as they chatted with one another after ordering their food.

Leilani looked away from us to them as well, muttering to herself about not having her flash on, "This is literally the first time we are meeting them in person, and you expect me to not have this on my weekly dump?" She asked us, her brow raised which made me sigh with a disappointed stare.

"Yes." Zira deadpanned, her voice flat. "That's what memories are for. Use that photographic memory you always brag about."

"Because it's a good skill!"