Chapter 13

Three months left

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Three months left.

The preparations for my coronation had sped up in the last month. All the bakers, planners, tailors and warriors preparing for the important day. I'd just finished another dress tailoring to make sure my gown corset was fitted correctly. My mother specifically asking the tailor to make the corset push up the small breasts I had.

The meaning of the day now clouded the reminder that it was on my birthday.

My birthday. I hated that day ever since I was twelve after...everything. My birthday was never just my birthday anymore, it was the day we were taken all those years ago. It seemed so distant but the nightmares that still plagued me were like it happened recently. They were more frequent now, and my sleep was getting shorter and shorter with each week.

This and the fact that Anala and I were spending time together almost every week in the last month. I sometimes couldn't sleep after our meetings, which gradually sunk deep into my soul with everything I got to know about her. The thought of her pulled my attention from my target in front of me, my lips curving up when I remembered my promise to her.

I had taught her some things about archery, today being our second lesson. I was waiting for her to arrive, since she told me something had come up.

I didn't mind waiting. 

I wasn't as surprised at the changes I made for her now, it was instinctual most of the time. I hated when people weren't punctual but with her, I was just glad to see her face. I was grateful to be in her presence because even after the handful of times we had spent together, I felt unworthy sharing the light with her.

We weren't together but the way I was acting was like we were. We were just friends. Not together.  Yet.

No.

I wasn't even sure that she was my μοιραία. Yes there coincidences like my tattoo glowing but I couldn't just rely on that. I wanted to be sure before... Before what? I knew that things wouldn't be easy even if she was. There was my family, there was me and my flaws. There was society.

Even if I wasn't comfortable saying it out loud, I craved my parents' approval. The naïve child in me wanting to prove to her parents that what happened when she was twelve didn't mean she couldn't be better now. My inner child wanting to have her mother smile at her again, before she couldn't protect her siblings from being taken.

Was I able to let that dream go? For a woman who plagued my very being in the best way possible?

Everything would be against it, but the foolish side of my brain wanted to throw all that away. I wanted to see her smile at me every day, to see that blush that crept up her rounded cheeks when she was shy. I wanted to gift her fruits like how I was taught when I was younger. To let her touch my hair. I wanted to be perfect for her.

Elven Ashes (GxG) (18+)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें