However, Lightbulb was able to grab a fist full of their bristles through a gap in the gate. Paintbrush let out a scream as they were pulled backwards, the only thing keeping them from being crushed through the gap was their metal headband clanging against the gate's bars. "Don't run from meeee! You know how HUNGRY I've been..! And now I'll finally get the chance to feast on your flesh..! Ahahahahaha!"

Paintbrush tried to grab their firepoker again, struggling due to Lightbulb's grip on their hair.

"I've grown tired of my own flesh...! I've grown tired of eating all the rotting flesh down here...! Why did you leave me to starve, Airy...? WHY OH WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!"

...Paintbrush choked back a sob, realizing this was what had to be done.

"...I'm sorry, Lightbulb."

Paintbrush quickly lit their bristles ablaze, causing Lightbulb to drop Paintbrush while squealing in pain like a pig. Once they managed to hit the ground, they began to pat around the ground for their fire poker. Lightbulb held onto the bars of the grate, her face turning into one of insane rage and hunger.

"YOU CAN'T LET ME STARVE HERE AGAIN! YOU KNOW HOW HUNGRY I AM, AND YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING ME FOR SO SO LONG..!! Why did you abandon me, Airy..?! I'LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR EVER LEAVING ME DOWN HERE TO ROT!! I WILL HAVE YOUR FLESH, LI-"

*C R A C K !*

...

...

Lightbulb looked down at the firepoker pierced into their throat.

Paintbrush, still with their hair ablaze, holding the weapon out through the gap of the gate, tears streaming down their face as they realized what they've done.

"...I...I love you, Lightbulb...I'm sorry..."

...

"Pain...ty..."

Paintbrush looked up as Lightbulb suddenly began to smile, the cracks on her face getting bigger with each small movement.

"...I...love you...too..."

She completely shattered, her remains drifting away into the water. Paintbrush watched as they sunk down into the tide, away from their view. "...I'm going to get rid of Airy, Lightbulb...For you..."

"For all of you."

...

...

The final notification for Melife appeared on Mephone's screen. "Recover Lightbulb," It said.

"Huh, well that was quick." Mephone said as he opened up the app and pressed on Lightbulb's icon, causing her to respawn in front of him. Before anyone could express their excitement for Lightbulb's return, Test Tube pushed through them all, her green liquid bleeding through the stress cracks on her glassy exterior.

"LIGHTBULB!!" She yelled.

"Oh, hi Testy-!" Lightbulb said, being cut off by Test Tube wrapping her arms around her in a hug.