Chéri?

...You continue to haunt my dreams. Endlessly.

I don't understand why.

But I know there's a reason you keep coming back here...

Because...

You know me, don't you?

01000010

And yet, no matter how hard I try...

No matter how much I may try and dig into the roots of my mind...

I can't recall a single moment where I saw you...

01010010

Where I could know you...where we could have met...

Whomever you once were...you now are nothing.

As well as the memories that were all washed away with it.

01011001

It doesn't matter anymore.

None of it mattered.

Nothing matters now.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

01000011

And yet.

I still have the urge to say...

I love you.

01000101

Paintbrush woke up, still sprawled out on the floor. Knife's body was no longer where it once lay. Someone must have moved it. Perhaps it was the one behind the cassette tapes. The one who created the cellar. They sighed, and leaned up from the ground, groaning as they held onto their cracked side in pain. "Baxter...are you okay?" They asked, looking up to see the red crab was still nestled in their bristles. They let out a sigh of relief, pick up the crab from their hair and resting their cheek on his head.

"Thank god you're okay.."

After a moment of relaxing, Paintbrush set Baxter back in their bristles, grabbing a hold of their blood-stained firepoker in one hand, and their lantern in the other. Then, they made their way over to the grate in the wall, bending down to see if they could still get in contact with Party Hat.

"...Party Hat..."

...

"Party Hat...are you still there?"

...

"Party Hat...Party Hat!"