GROGNEMENT

Soft humming filled the empty corridors of the cellar.

Even when it was so groggily, and it was full of blood and black sludge, Suitcase's voice still rang beautiful.

Yet, Paintbrush couldn't seem to remember where they've heard that melody from.

Maybe it was an old song...

Or maybe they just hadn't heard of it before.

Nevertheless, it made the atmosphere feel a little less freaky.

Or maybe more, depending on who's position you're in.

Nevertheless...

It really didn't help much given the situation they were still in.

"Hey, uhh...that's a nice song, Suitcase," Paintbrush said as they began to climb a set of stairs, "Do you...remember where you heard it from?"

"I...I...think I...heard...HIM...singing it..."

"Him...Who is this guy? What did he do to you?"

Suitcase said nothing else as she leaned onto Paintbrush's handle. They sighed and pat Suitcase on the head in a comforting manner. Right as they entered the next room, which seemed almost like some sort of storage room. Wooden boxes propped on shelves, and discarded tools and strange instruments covered in a dry brown liquid, reeking of metal. The smell was enough to set Suitcase off, causing her to back up slightly. "...Hey, Suitcase...I'll try and look for the exit, okay? Just...stay right there." Paintbrush reassured her, patting her on the head again. "O-...Okay..." Paintbrush then turned around and began to explore the room, shining their lantern on every nook and cranny they could find. There were two doors in the room, one of which being locked. However, the other door in the back of the too wasn't. Something that intrigued Paintbrush was a trap door on the ceiling that possibly lead to another part of the cellar. Perhaps it was another way out of here. It was best to find a ladder. And the next best place to look was the room they haven't checked yet. Slowly, they moved towards the door and slowly opened it, the rough creaking sound echoing through the chamber.

And at that moment, they realized just what set Suitcase off about this room.

It was a brick walled room with a dirt floor, and in the center of it all was a table with makeshift leather straps. A dark dry substance stained the top of the table and straps connected to it. Perched in the corner of the room was a table that held various surgical tools, all organized as if it were being saved for someone else in the hot seat. At the other side of the room, a ladder was propped up against the wall, tall enough to reach the trap door! "Perfect!" Paintbrush thought aloud as they grabbed onto the side of the ladder and began to move it through the door. However...in the corner of their eye, they froze.

Something was approaching...

Something...

Was behind Suitcase.

A humanoid creature with what could only be described as a mangled jaw, its eyes practically popping out of its sockets. One of its arms represented that of a cat's claw. It slanted backwards, walking limply while letting out gurgled groans. The noises it made were excruciating. "...Suitcase..." Paintbrush said, beckoning for her to follow them inside.