34.?) Bonus Chapter

[Song 🎵: Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown (ft. T-pain)]

Your feet swayed a little, accompanied by your swimming vision. The clear smell of alcohol in your nostrils, clinging to your slacks. Your belt too tight as you ached to get out of your combats. Not the first time this week you'd been like this.

The laughter that spun around you, the light voices accompanying it, you revelled in its sound. Surrounded by your peers and friends, a night out drinking wasn't out of the ordinary. You and the other privates spent your nights, away from training, throwing back beers on the regular and it wasn't uncommon that you'd drank more than half the party under the table. Anyone besides MacTavish that is, he could always hold his own against you.

Scots and Irishmen. Blues and Greens. You were both friends and rivals, but he'd quickly become your partner in crime from the moment you'd worn each others uniform out in public, almost half a year ago.

A best friend really

A best friend really. Inseparable some called you. Irrevocably chaotic was another.

Your closest friends however always assumed it would be more than that. They never stopped pushing the both of you, beyond what was comfortable. When does a running gag become something bothersome? When does it confuse those involved and cause a mess?

"MacTavish, can ya carry yerself for once?"

The Scot was hanging on your right side, leaning hard as you tried your best to give support where possible. It didn't help that your own balance was just as inebriated, and he was just unashamedly making you guide both of your feet.

"Softer, lass, my 'ead..", MacTavish whined, almost out of it.

"Let the geezer rest his head, Evergreen. We all know he likes your embrace the most", you heard a teasing voice hiss from your left as a smirk popped into your vision.

"Howard, for someone without any cows you produce too much bullshit", you spat as your patience was nowhere to be found. "Now cut it out 'n help me or I'll throw 'im at you next."

Private Howard was one of those guys you'd hang out with in group, but you wouldn't with in private. He could be rather annoying and most of the time, too much to deal with. Too nosey and pushy. On top of that, he never stopped suggesting you and MacTavish sleep together, much to your frustration.

"I'm just saying, we all see it. Give it a chance, it's not like you two are prudes. And hey if you don't want him, I'm always up-", you heard Howard say before you interrupted his suggestive tone and threw MacTavish off of you. His frame landing straight on the other mans torso as they fell down with a heavy oomph.

Sorry mate, necessary evil.

"Warned ya, feckin' dryshite", you said curtly as you walked on ahead, not minding the two men on the ground as the rest of the group stopped to laugh and help them up. You heard feet walk up to you as you headed towards MacTavish' room, ready to open it up so the drunk could be lead straight to bed. He was a manchild sometimes, but you weren't mean enough to just leave him be. He didn't deserve that either. Out of your peripheral you noticed Dennover's look in her eyes as she caught up.