20.5) Price and Prejudice

[Song 🎵: Hysteria - Muse 🔂]

"Don't go easy on me, sir."

"On you? Wouldn't dare.", Price spoke back, aware of how dark his voice had gotten.

His mind was purely honed in on your movement, your lithe stance. The way you were studying him in return. He was looking forward to this. Ever since he'd seen you in combat during your trails, he'd wondered how much of a fight you could truly put up. In specific, to him. How much that slim, nimble body of yours could outmatch his power.

She's waitin' on me to move first. Clever girl.

Price took the opportunity as he circled around to your right, throwing a punch. He was trying to test your reflexes a little. You deflected it nicely, ducking your head out of the way but didn't throw anything back so far. It confused him a bit. He was used to you flinging yourself at whatever provoked you, used to your impulsive tendencies, but you were holding back. You weren't coming at him the way you usually went after people. He'd been waiting for that usual glower that appeared on your face whenever you got annoyed, but so far he was met with cool, composed restraint.

Not sure why you were holding back, he decided he'd press you some more, it intrigued him after all. Price always enjoyed pushing your buttons. He got more of a kick out of it than he probably should, but your reactions were absolutely worth it, he revelled in them. More than anything, they riled him up. Made him go further than he liked sometimes. Further than he should go as your superior.

Not my fault she makes it so easy for me.

Circling around you, he didn't let up, his eyes trained and focused on your movement and reactions as he made you evade hit after hit, his big arms coming at you from all sides. You still weren't punching back. He slowly realised, you were holding yourself back out of respect for him as your superior. Your eyes always staving his reactions, as if scared to go too far.

Like he cared.

Like you'd ever cared before. You couldn't go too far. He wanted to see you in full force and you weren't letting loose. Price was about to change that easily.

"Gotta say I expected more, Wraith. I recalled you as a difficult opponent. Appears I was wrong. Instead I got a little bi-"

A sharp thud.

Price could see the flicker in your now wider eyes as he'd provoked you successfully and you launched your first jab, straight at him, with a sickening speed. He was satisfied with himself, knowing you'd bite. It only worked because he anticipated it but he intercepted your punch right on time with one of his gloves. Stopping it's trajectory as it smacked loudly into his gloved palm, your frustration clear as day on your face for him to read. You never really hid your frustrations as well as you thought you did. Especially when it came to him. Lowering his face a bit, he spoke lowly, his eyes searching your face, dancing over your features. Waiting for that fire he liked igniting.

"Atta girl. No need to hold back."

Price saw the way you blinked for a moment, your eyes widening as your lips opened just a smidge. His eyes being drawn to them as he glanced down before moving back up. It was like you lost the ability to speak for a second. He'd caught you off guard. And how he loved doing that. Made him feel like he had the upper hand. Something you both liked fighting over.

Turns so meek sometimes. Can't blame me for takin' every opportunity.

You seemed to become aware of how open your stance was and Price watched you back up slightly, assuming a defensive position.

Now the real fun began.

Not allowing you to fully detach yourself from his reach, Price moved in quickly, hovering near you, jabbing at the openings he saw. He was quicker than you'd expected, and it took a lot of willpower for him to control his facial expressions into anything else but a cocky stare.