22) Comes Around

[Song 🎵: AMERICAN HORROR SHOW - SNOW WIFE 🔂]

You propped your hurt hand up on the arm rest, trying not to wince at the massive pain it caused. Knowing full well the damage would leave weird looking scars. Distracting yourself from it you decided to start conversation instead. Better to find out what Griffin was doing before you ended up dying.

"What the fuck is this? You're betraying this whole investigation, your country even. I thought you were CIA, you know, American patriots? Not some lowlife traito-"

"Careful now, sergeant. I'm still the one with the gun. And I am CIA. Patriotic, not so much.", Griffin spoke with a nonchalant stare. "Doesn't mean a girl can't earn something on the side, right? Being an opportunist is what got me here in the first place. And we both know women in our field need to be resourceful to make it places."

Oh so now I'm a woman.

"Resourceful, is that what you call it? I don't recall me feeling the need to sell chemical warfare to a group of terrorists as a way of trying to 'make it'."

An amused smirk played on her pink lips as she glared at you. She seemed like a entirely different person. Less bubbly, less ditzy. More serious. Cunning. And a lot more dangerous.

"Terrorist is such a harsh word. I prefer client. Or rather they would have been if you and your little teammates hadn't gone snooping around.", she lost her smile as she repositioned the gun a little, "I could have sealed this deal cleanly. Sold off the batch, and returned to my work as if nothing happened."

"You've done this before haven't you?"

"Oh multiple times. Different weapons, different intel, usually same sort of people. Don't care what, don't care who. I clean up the cases, homebase is happy and I sell off small parts of whatever case I work on and get paid double."

"But this time was different. It went wrong didn't it? Did you fuck up?"

Your tone was a bit too condescending as you saw her eyes narrow. Maybe pissing her off really wasn't the way to go. The ball was completely in her court and you had no gun anywhere near you to even try and retaliate. If you could even reach one in time before getting shot. Or hold one with only one working hand for that matter. Your leftie was a horrible shot compared to your right.

"Little whore. Yeah it went wrong, wanna know why? I'll tell you. Because of you and your smart mouth. You got in the way from the beginning."

You frowned at her words. What did you do this time? Clicking her tongue as Griffin looked away from you in annoyance, you stayed silent. Hoping it would make her continue. And it did.

"Price has always been easy to handle, just like all the others. Listening to what I say, not questioning me as he trusts what I'm doing." she was almost mumbling, her voice low as she lost a grip on her mood, "But not this time, oh no. No this time he got himself a little plaything, one he listens to without fail. Above me even. And it fucked up the entire timeline."

Fire was now blazing in her eyes, as if her stare alone could turn you into charcoal. An intense hatred clear as day. It wasn't like you were going to buckle under it. So you answered her, keeping the conversation going.

"I don't understand how I did so much when you allowed me so little, kept me busy with nothing. Made me look like a fool, degraded me, degraded my work-"

"What, you honestly think I did it just to boycott you? Because you got in the way of me getting to Price? As if I would ruin a whole operation over that. You're not that important, sweety. And neither are men.", she said as she tisked, rolling her eyes.