"What do we have left if it not for each other?" Kate 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear Kate,

Its dad here. I know that I haven't always been that involved in your life, and that my silence was the big-gest presence in your life, but I want you to know that I love you. As your trek on this new journey, the danger may overshadow the joy, but please remember that you are strong at that, all of what happens to us in life is how we respond to it. I am not sure if we will ever see each other again, but please know that whatever you do, we will be standing right behind you. The greatest love you will ever find is the one that exist in a family unit. However cold the world out there gets, just remember that there is always a warmer place right inside of you. Take care." 

- Dad.

-----------------------------

I could feel the sun on my face before I actually saw it. The train was slowly coming to a stop. My eyes readjusted to my surroundings, and I could feel the dry tears that had now stained my face. This was it. This was the place where my life would begin or end, which ever one comes first. 

As I walked out onto the platform memories of how the new era came about flooded my mind. It was a society governed by fear. Before my 21st birthday a meteor had hit earth and had wiped out a third of the human life. So we gathered together, seeking "protection" and "a way to keep moving forward." We trusted those who were at the top, those with money and a plan. We trusted them and in turn they gave us rules and regulations. Rules that not only divided us into status and sectors, but rules that made what use to be humane and normal, seem distant and far-fetch. With the Axis in power, kids didn't play double scotch on the streets, nor did video games exit. The word distraction was so readily taught at school, that anything that pointed to the meaning of that word was eradicated. The Axis reasoned that, "If the rulers of the pre-era had been less distracted with the consumer society, social media, fun and games, they would have taken precaution to watch for the signs before the Meteor had hit the earth. So now kids, went to school, parents went to work, the group came home, the ate, cleaned and slept. There was no more going out with friends, Friday parties, sleepovers nothings. Some agreed with this notion and those who went against it were instantly removed. 

I read my name on the long list of names hang on the display board. I was number 89. One short from the cut of point. 

I looked around and saw the difference from where I came from. The Axis lived in hybrid world. One the encapsulated the art of money and the world I once knew. The air smelled of coffee, and the streets were filled with lights and trees with all sort of flowers. The people were dressed in all sort of style and fashion. The atmosphere felts unreal. However despite those pretty dresses, well-groomed hair cuts, and modernization, this lifestyle had a high risk attached to it. Just how bad were the consequences I don't know. The rumors were great. The Axis being a greatly feared group. No one had actually seen them, a powerful family who didn't think your mere existence  enough to be in their presence. 

"Are you planning to move any time soon?" A voice said behind me. 

I turned around looking up to the guy who was speaking to me. "Sorry." 

He shook his head and went on to look for his name. 

"Do you even know where you need to be?" He asked throwing his bag over his shoulder. 

"Um...not entirely." I mumbled. 

"Let's go." He said. 

"I don't even know you." I resorted.