2 (Raeda)

the teacher in this story goes by he/she, just wanted to point that out.

⚠️WARNINGS⚠️

1. FUCKING SIXTH GRADE WRITING I SUCKKK
2. REFERENCED ABUSE
3. REFERENCED TRAUMA
4. IM A FUCKING DICKKKKKKK

3 times. She hadn't answered, walked in, or randomly popped up from a plant yet. Eda just... wasn't at school...?

'Where is she? Wouldnt she be here by now? She never missed class, not without informing me first at least.'

They thought, reaching into their bag and pulling out their book over 'the history of the aisles'. They had studied this topic a lot last year, and took particular interest towards it. Their favorite part of it was 'the history of the bards: the music maker's, or at least that's what they called it. The amount of detail past musicians put into their work, not that Raine didn't, was purely impressive. They were so caught up in the book that they almost didn't realize the bell rang.

'Over already? But, where's Eda?'

They put their book away and waited for everyone else to leave before walking up to their teacher. They thought that if Eda wasn't here, they could ask for extra credit now instead of at the end of the day.

"Sorry Raine, nothin' today."

Mr. Rinks spoke in his somewhat deep, yet light voice, although it didn't startle Raine as much as their dads voice did, even though they both took on the same tone.

"Titan, my parents are gonna be mad if I don't have it, can you just give me something? Anything that could get me extra points? My parents want me to at least have a 140 by the end of the semester, and I reeeeally need to catch up on school work."

They spoke in an almost scared tone, Mr. Rinks looked up from her papers and had a worried look in his eyes

"Raine, your already caught up on your schoolwork. You've probably done more work in the past week than everyone in this whole school has done this whole year."

Getting ready to stretch out his hand to Raine to answer a simple yes or no question, they quickly took a few steps back, almost flinching, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"Raine, are you alr-"

"I-i can't answer that. I'm sorry, but I gotta go to lunch. Uh, see you tomorrow?"

They quickly ran out of class, nearly crashing into someone while rushing out.

"Sorry."

They turned around and yelled back, but almost immediately recognizing the witch. They had to look behind themselves to make sure they were talking to who they thought they were.

"Lillith?"

"Oh, hey Raine."

She was nose deep in a book, not seeing Raine until they said her name and she looked up at them, a slightly worried gaze plastered on their face.

"Woah. What... Happened? A bit worried there, Whispers?"

Lillith lightly joked, which was interesting since she only really joked around when she was nervous.

"Well, a bit, but what about you? You only joke when your nervous."

"Me? Im... fine. Just... a bit worried about Edalyn."

Raine immediately felt a lump in their throat. If Lillith was worried about Eda, then something *had* to be wrong with her.

"Well... i was gonna ask her about the coven tryouts last week, but... i guess ill just ask you. Let me guess... she got ao nervous that she faked sick at the tryouts, and convinced your mom to stay home. Tell me im right!"

Lillith's eyes went wide, and she hurried off.

"Wh-wha-... but... o-okay, yeah... bye..."

Raine just stood there awkwardly, witches pushing past them, throwing spells and potions everywhere. Raine just walked to their next class, hoping to find Eda *somewhere*, or at least find out what happened...