< chapter nine >

"W-what?"

Jenny raised her eyebrows at Jackson's behavior. Stuttering was rare for him and to not see his usual confident expression on his face was a strange thing.

"Do you like me, Jackson?"

Honestly, Jackson had no idea what to say.

"Uh,"
"Do you?"

She kept on asking him that, it was actually starting to make him nervous.

"Yes,"

The words were out of his mouth in a split second. He immediately turned away from her so he wouldn't see her reaction. For all he knew, things could be awkward between them.

But to his surprise, she laughed.

"Yeah... I knew it couldn't be Youngjae. I had this strange feeling it was you,"
"... Am I that obvious?"

She laughed again, tapping his shoulder.

"You could put it that way, if you want to,"
"Eh?"

He looked back at her, confused.

"Come on," she jerked her head in the direction of the stairs. "Let's go up to the roof. I'll tell you everything there,"

The way she worded it made him more curious on how she found out. Would Mark have told her? If he did, he was going to find him and have him in a headlock for the whole day if possible. If BamBam told her, well... He'll find a way to get back at him for it. If JB or-

"Jackson!"

Her calling his name broke his inner monologue.

"Yes, Lee Jenny?"
"Do you know you almost tripped?"
"Oh?"

He looked down and quickly fixed his footing so he was sure that he wouldn't trip. When he looked at her again, she had this smirk on her lips.

"Why are you smirking at me?"
"Because you're such a kid,"
"I'm twenty-one!"
"You don't act your age,"

They ended up arguing like that until reaching the rooftop, where they just stood against the railing. The silence was quite peaceful, but it was weird not hearing Jackson's voice that always broke the silence.

"It's so quiet," he complained.
"So what do you want me to do about it?"

He fell silent.

"Look... About me liking you... I..." he started.
"You hope it won't change our friendship?"

He nodded.

"It won't. If it did, well... There's always a second try,"

~*~

Over the past week, nothing had changed much between them. There were still friends, but she was now more comfortable in speaking to him about his feelings.

"Hey, idiot. Hi, Jenny," BamBam smiled, putting his arm around her shoulder.

Jackson rolled his eyes. BamBam was always calling him an idiot, even though he already told her he liked her and even though BamBam was younger than him and should have respect.

"Why do you call him an idiot?" she asked, curious.
"Because he is one,"
"Bam!" Jackson shouted.

He ignored him.

"Jerk,"

She laughed at Jackson's statement while BamBam sent the both of them a glare.

It was when BamBam started to tease Jackson that he started trying to make BamBam leave the both of them alone, which only made the teasing worse.

After twenty minutes or so, he finally succeeded in persuading BamBam to leave. He did so reluctantly with a pout on his face.

"He really likes to act cute, doesn't he?" she smiled.
"Of course he does,"
"But he's cute so I guess it's okay..."
"Yah!"

She smiled at him. She realized long ago how to make him jealous and she found it fun to do so.

"Don't tell me you like BamBam!"
"I never said that,"
"You were implying it, though!"
"Saying he's cute is different from actually liking him,"

That shut him up.

She instinctively reached out and took his hand, surprising him.

"I don't like BamBam, because I like you."
"You're... You're joking, right?"

___________________________________________________________________

How is this?? ^^ Any comments about it?? :)
The next chapter will be the last one and I really think I rushed the flow of this chapter a bit >.< Hope you liked it, though ~