17.Happy ending

To be honest I found the way mortals thought quite funny.

I mean only could they try so hard to make something seem logical.

In this new story they had written up it made us seem like victims of a crazied kidnapper(Ares) who were running away from him this whole time before finally having a gun battle on the beach and making him flee.

And of course we stuck with that story acting like some tearful innocent kids.

Luckily for us it worked.

With a little acting we found ourselves on a plane to New York.

I still wasn't exactly hot for on the flying idea. Not only was Percy not supposed to even thinking of taking a plane least he want to be struck by Zeus but I also didn't know if grandpa thunder beard was now fine with me existing.

Nonetheless I figured he wouldn't exactly want to blast his prized master bolt along with us. That didn't stop me from flinching at every bit of turbulence we felt.

After what felt like an eternity we landed.

Local press was waiting for us outside security. Luckily Annabeth lured them away with her invisible cap screaming "they're over here by the frozen yogurt."

After regrouping with us by the baggage claim we split up at the taxi stand.

While Grover and Annabeth would go back to camp to tell Chiron what happened(much to their protest) while me and Percy went to Olympus.

So after promises to see each other again me and Percy hopped in a taxi to Manhattan.

Half an hour later we walked into the lobby of the Empire State Building.

With our beat up sleep deprived look I suppose people must've thought we were homeless.

We walked up to the guy at the front desk. "Sixth hundred floor."

He was reading a book with a wizard on the front. I could tell he was engrossed in the book because it took awhile for him to look up.

"No such floor kiddos."

"We need an audience with Zeus."

He gave a vacant smile, "excuse me?"

"You heard him," I said.

"No appointment, no audience, kiddos." He said dropping his act. "Lord Zeus doesn't see anyone unannounced."

"I think he'll make an exception," I said as Percy slipped off the backpack and unzipped it.

The guard looked inside at the metal cylinder confused for a few seconds before his eyes widened.

"That isn't..."

"It is, do you want me to pull it out and-"

"No! No!" He scrambled out of his seat, fumbled around his desk for a key card, then he handed it over.
"Insert this into the security slot, make sure no one else is in the elevator."

We did exactly as he said.

Percy slipped the card into the slot and it disappeared as a new button appeared, one that was red and said 600.

After pressing it we waited for a while.

Muzak played. I hate Muzak.

After eternity, ding. The doors slid open.

Stepping out I like last time I was here almost had a heart attack.

Y'know no matter how many times I saw the view of Manhattan far bellow I could never get used to it.