11.I'm never going to Vegas again

Did you guys like the Percy Jackson show so far?
______
"Will the animals be ok?" Percy asked Grover. "I mean the desert and all-"

"Don't worry," Grover said, "I placed a satyr's sanctuary on them." I hummed, well at least we wouldn't have to worry about the animals, not much could harm an animal under a satyr's sanctuary.

"Meaning?" Percy asked reminding us he's still new to the Greek world.

"Meaning they'll reach the wild safely. They'll find food, shelter, and anything else they need until they find a safe place to live."

"Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?" Percy asked curiously.

Now of course it would be great if he could do that but of course, " it only works on wild animals."

"So it would only affect Percy?" Annabeth said making me chuckle.

"Hey!" Percy said in protest.

"Kidding, cmon let's get out this filthy truck."

"Y'know technically humans are animals." I said as we stumbled out the truck.

"Don't start arrow head," Annabeth said rolling her eyes.

"Yea yea owl face," I said stepping out on the streets.

Man was it hot, it had to be at least a thousand degrees then again it was a desert in the afternoon so it made sense. As we walked away from the truck we must've looked crazy but everyone seemed to favor worrying about the animals so they didn't comment on us.

We passed up pyramids, Monte Carlo, and a pirate ship. We passed up MGM, and even a miniature Statue of Liberty that served to remind me of that trip my dad took me on way back when.
Anyway in our walking(which was for quite a long time) we must've hit a wrong turn because we ended up at a dead end staring at the Lotus hotel and casino. The entrance was a giant neon flower, and no one entered or exited. The glittering chrome doors nonetheless stayed open allowing lotus blossom smelling air conditioning to spill out.

The doorman smiled at us, "hey kids, you look tired, want to come and sit down?" I studied him, I couldn't smell monster on him, not at all. I mean maybe it was the smells of the trailer still messing with my nose but truthfully he didn't give off the vibes of a monster.

Percy wasted no time nodding and saying we'd love to.

Taking one look around we were blown away.

The lobby was any kid's dream.

There was this giant climbing wall on the side of one building, an indoor water slide that went around the glass elevator which went up at least forty floors. There were hundreds of video games, each having a widescreen tv with no lines to play them. It even had vr suits and basically anything else you could think of. There were even waitresses and snack bars serving anything you could want.

"Hey," a bellhop said. "Welcome to the Lotus Casino, here's your room key."

"Um, but....." Percy stammered as I looked the guy up and down suspiciously.

"No,no," he said laughing, "the bill's taken care of." Yea I was really starting to get suspicious of this guy now. "No extra charges. No tips. Just go on up to the top floor, room 4001. If you need anything like extra bubbles for the hot tub, or skeet targets for the shooting range, or whatever, just call the front desk. Here are your lotus cards, they work in the restaurants and on all the games and rides." He said handing us cards.

This didn't make sense, there had to be some kind of catch, it was weird though I couldn't smell monsters at all even now.

"How much is on here?" Percy asked.