8. I meet my uncle

The next day, June 14th seven days before the solstice our train rolled into Denver.we hadn't ate since yesterday and my stomach was starting to punish me for that. Even better we didn't shower since we left camp which was a treat for my nose. It was like being buried in sweaty gym socks.

"Let's try to contact Chiron," Annabeth said "I want to tell him about your talk with the river spirit."

I hummed, Chiron would be the best person to tell about the message given to Percy. Though I do wonder would he know what was going on with me.

"We can't use phones though, right?"

I nodded, "yea that's true, that isn't the only way to communicate though."

We spent about half an hour wandering around downtown. One thing about Iris Messages was you could only use it under certain conditions.

Luckily though we eventually found an empty do it yourself car wash. We found our self in the stall the furthest from the street with us looking out for any patrol cars.

"What are we doing?" Percy asked Grover as he picked up the spray gun.

"It's seventy-five cents," Grover said, "I've only got two quarters left, Annabeth?"

"I spent the last of my money on the dining cart." She said grimly. He then turned to me and I shook my head, I had long since ran out of mortal money.

Luckily Percy managed to fish a quarter out of his jeans and give it to Grover.

"Good, we could do this with a spray bottle but the connection isn't as good," Grover said. "Plus my arms get tired pumping."

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked.

"He's talking about I-M'ing."  I said filling Percy in.

"Instant messaging?"

"Iris messaging," Annabeth corrected him "the rainbow deity Iris carries messages for the Olympians, if you know how to ask right and she isn't to busy she'll do the same for half-bloods."

"You summon her with a spray gun?"

"Unless you know a better way to make a rainbow." Grover said pointing the nozzle in the air as it sprayed out a mist.

It didn't take much for the late afternoon light to pierce through the mist and break into colors.

"Pass me a drachma." Annabeth said holding her hand out to me.

"Ask nicely."

She punched me in the arm making me groan. I sighed as I fished the drachma out of my pants and hand it to her.

"O iris accept out offering." She said holding it above her head.

She through it into the rainbow making it disappear with a golden shimmer.

"Half-blood hill," Annabeth requested.

There was a pause for a moment. We waited to see if Iris would go through with the request. After that moment past the mist morphed into familiar scenery.

It was like I was back at camp. I could almost smell the strawberry fields in the background. The I-M seemed to go to the porch of the big house. There was a figure standing there, his back turned. Even then I could tell who it was from a glance.

"Luke!" Me and Percy called out.

He snapped around, his eyes widened.

He paused for a second as he stood facing us.

"Percy and Danny." He said his face morphing into a grin. "Annabeth too? Thank Gods? Are you guys ok?" He asked his eyes flashing with some worry.

"We're... f-fine!" Annabeth stammered out as she straightened herself. She tried her best to look presentable in front of Luke which I found quite funny.