6.Chat with my mother

If I had to describe the night we spent after killing Medusa I'd say, miserable.

100 years from the main road is where we camped, it was a marshy clearing that you could tell was used for parties. There were trash wrappers and soda cans everywhere.

Seeing all the trash made me mad, people were so careless about the environment. It was like what if someone just went in your home and dumped trash bags inside.

We had took a few blankets and some food from Aunty Em's but we didn't even think about lighting a fire.

Though our clothes where damp dealing with the furies and Medusa in one day didn't make us eager to possibly attract anything else.

We decided to take shifts in which Percy quickly decided to be first watch. I didn't bother to protest instead grabbing a blanket and and got comfortable on the ground.

With the excitements of today it didn't take long for me to go to sleep.

As I drifted off into sleep I soon found myself in a familiar forest.

"Oh not this again." I said to myself with a groan.

"What? Don't want to see your mother?" A voice said giggling a bit. My head snapped to the older auburn haired women with silver eyes similar to my own.

This of course was my mother, Artemis. Now most would be happy to see their mom, all giddy and stuff, not me.

"Not exactly thrilled to see you." I said dryly.

"Tone." She said with eyes spelling danger.
"S-sorry," I said straightening. I didn't want to exactly make a immortal that could send me to time out angry.

She sighed as she scratched the head of a wolf. It still kind of amazed me that she could casually make animals who'd bite your head off act like a pet dog.

I looked around the forest, it was really a small cut of untouched land. The filthy hands of humans had yet to dirty it up. I'd have to find this place one day, it was so peaceful.

I brought my attention back to Artemis wondering what she could want. I studied her pale face which swirled with emotions that you'd see from a dad who's kid just won their first soccer game. "So uh, what's up A-mom."

Her silver eyes glowed with pride as if she'd just won some grand prize. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at this. She was thousands of years old but still got excited about her kid doing something.

"I've been watching your quest." She said with a smile. "I've seen you battle with the furies and Medusa." I puff up a bit in pride. "I must say your work with a bow isn't half bad, as expected from my son." I smiled a bit, even if I didn't want to admit it I still liked recognition from Artemis. "Even Zeus has began to recognize your value."

"Make it sound like I'm a tool or something." I mutter but her frowning let me know she could hear it.

"I suppose this rebellious attitude is to be expected. I know I wasn't the best mother to you"

"Gee I could've told you that much." I blurted out. Before my eyes went wide.

I gulped at the glare she gave me. It was one of those looks that only your mom could give, it told you if you didn't shut your trap that second you'd be dealt with.

"You're just as smart mouthed as your father." Her fade softened a bit as if she was talking about a sensitive topic.

I froze a bit at the mention of my dad.