9. Yea it was a trap

Around time we found the water park the sun had started to touch the mountain.

The park laid barren and become the type of place you didn't want to be in at night.

The sign had long since been ruined and spelled out "WAT R A" . The gates were padlocked and topped off with barbed wire. Inside huge water slide had been dried up, it must have been years that this park last saw water. Pipes and tubes laid everywhere and the pools were dry making them almost look like a place people would skate.

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date I'd hate to see what she looks like." Percy said unknowingly.

"Percy," me and Annabeth warned.

"Be more respectful."

"Why? I thought you hate Ares."

"He's still an Olympian, and his girlfriend is very temperamental."

"You don't want to say anything bad about her looks," I said patting him on the back.

"Remember earlier what he said? Aphrodite doesn't exactly take kindly to insults."

"I thought she was married to somebody." Percy said with a hint of confusion, "Hephaestus."

"She is." I said dryly.

"Oh," Percy said "uh so how do we get in?" He said changing the subject.

"Maia!" Grover shouted making wings sprout from his shoes.

He launched up flying over the gate and in the process did a somersault before shakily landing.

He dusted off his jeans as if this was something second nature to him. "You guys coming?"

The three of us had to climb up like normal people. We held the barbed wire for each other so we wouldn't get cut as we one by one jumped down.

Shadows grew longer as we traveled through the park.

It became more and more creepy by the second. To make it worse there was this eerie quietness.

As we walked looking at the different attractions I half expected for some kind of monster to jump out and try to kill us.

Strangely though it never happened.

Still I couldn't shake the on edge feeling I had.

Eventually we found a souvenir shop that had been left open.

Items still were lined up on the shelves, pencils, snow globes, post cards and most importantly clothes.

"Clothes!" Annabeth said with relief, "fresh clothes."

"Yea but you can't just-"

"Watch me," Annabeth said to Percy as she snatching a whole row of clothes.

"Lighten up man." I said as I took some stuff that looked about my size. "Not like we could pay if we wanted to." With that I stalked off into one of the changing rooms.

It didn't take long for me to strip off the foul smelling clothes. It felt nice, after days of wearing the same stuff it was kinda like a reward to have some fresh clothes.

A few minutes later both me and Annabeth were changed and decked out in waterland merch.

"Aw what the heck." Grover said before snatching some clothes and after that it didn't take long for all of us to have fresh clothes on.

After changing we were back on the search for the tunnel of love. Still the whole place felt eerily quiet, like something was waiting to happen.

"So Ares and Aphrodite." Percy said breaking the silence, "they have a thing going?"