9

Vikram's POV:

It had been more than seventy two hours since I left her in our room. I didn't have it in me to stand there and see the hatred she had for me in her eyes.

That was something, I didn't understand.

The hate.....the disgust.....

Why did she hate me so much? The inquires I made at her work place and apartment complex painted a picture that she was distant yet unbelievably kind. Her patients told me how well she treated them during their hospitalizations even going as far as helping them financially if they weren't able to afford the treatments. There wasn't a single person who spoke ill about her.

Why me then?

And not just me, she hated my entire family. We weren't even aware about her existence before that fateful day and whatever happened was way out of our control. I was as much a victim as she was. We both were deceived by those Shekhawats. Then why did she loathe me so much.

"Bhai sa, chalein." My train of thoughts was interrupted by Raghav. We had been holed up here for the past two days because of some complications with one of our deals. Thankfully it was all resolved so we could go home. Maa sa was angry with me for leaving my new bride alone so soon after our wedding but that was the best I could do for both of us. She needed time and I wouldn't have been able to stay away if I was under the same roof as her.

So it was a win-win but my heart ached to be back in her prescence.

In the past couple of days I had been acting all patient but inside I was itching to run home and see her beautiful face. It had only been two days but felt like a lifetime.

God, don't let my brothers hear my thoughts.

Her anger would have subsided by now.....maa sa, Dadi sa and kaki sa would have made sure of that. She probably would have also gotten used to Abhimanyu's antics by now.

"Bhai sa....." He trailed off looking at me weirdly and it was then I realized that I was smiling like a fool . Wiping the silly smile off my face, I cleared my throat as I abruptly got up from my seat and swiftly walked out of the room leaving Raghav behind. I could hear him chuckling behind me which quickly turned to fake coughing as I shot him a glare.

"Not a word, Raghav.....not a word." I warned him but I knew it was of no use. The gossip would soon reach the other three baboons.

It was early in the morning when we got back home and I saw everyone sitting in the living room looking somber.

"Maa sa....."

She looked up at me with tired eyes.

"Sab thik hai maa sa" I questioned, my brows furrowing in confusion.

"Vo....vo bhai sa......." Abhay begins but then stops as if trying to find the right words.

"Jo bhai baat hai khul kar boliye Abhay." Raghav spoke, the hint of previous humor and lightheartedness no longer lacing his tone.

"Vo Namrata..." Maa sa begins again but I rudely interrupt her. The mere mention of her name was enough to send my mind reeling and thoughts into an overdrive.

"Kya hua hai Namrata ko....kahan hain vo?" The words pour out of my mouth and the urgency and fear in them comes as a shock to my entire family who was now staring at me with wide eyes. Usually the scene would have been comical but right at that moment it was impossible to find any humor in it.

"Humne pucha kahan hain vo......Namrata.....NAMRATA..."I yell as I start making my way towards our chamber.

"Shant ho jaiye Vikram....shant ho jaiye." Baba sa speaks softly trying to calm me down.