6.

Vikram's POV

The plan was set in motion and now I just had to wait patiently for her to come running to me for help. There was no one in this whole country let alone in this city that would come to her aid and if someone dared...they would have to face the wrath of Vikramaditya Singh Rathore.

I would receive the information at any minute now and that thought soothed my heart. "Soon Namrata...soon."

I was in the middle of dealing with some work related documents when someone knocked on the door of my study. 

"Come in."

Chetan entered the room and bowed his head in respect before saying "Hukum, Jagdish Das bahar khada hai." I gestured him to let the man enter and he did so before firmly shutting the door behind him.

"Hukum" he spoke, his head bowed and frame shivering in anticipation. "Jaisa aapne kaha tha maine bilkul vaisa hi kiya. Kal sham tak voh ladki ghar khali kar degi."

"Hmmm" I simply hummed in acknowledgement, my mind racing at the possibilities of her arrival.

He might have mistaken my silence for an invitation to keep talking because he opened his mouth and blabbered, his previous fear entirely forgotten "Par maharaj aap ko us ladki ko ek din ka time dene ki bhi kya jarurt thi: aap hukum karte to main ussi time usse dhake maar kar bahar nikal deta."

The words that came out of his mouth halted all my thoughts and rage shot through my body like lava. I swiftly stood up, marching up to him and held his throat in my hand. "Tu jaante hai tu kis ke baare main baat kar raha hai: tu haath lagayega unhein....tu....teri itni himmat." I could feel his paper thin skin sweating under my hand, his bones frail under my fingers, just a little more pressure and.......snap. The beast within me wanted to end him at that very moment for disrespecting her....my Namrata.

"Hu.....huku...m..." He wheezed and I could see the pitiful fool turning blue under my grasp. I let him go, his legs too weak to support himself as he feel on the floor gasping for breath.

"Chetan" I yelled and he soon came running. He froze at the doorsteps on witnessing the scene in front of him before asking "Hukum."

"Le jao isse aur ache se yaad dilao ki humari maharani ke baare main upshabad bolne ka nateeja kya hota hai.

He didn't once question me as he dragged the crying and pleading man from my sight and shut the door once again. I moved towards my desk and pulled open the drawer where a picture of my Namrata was lying. She was at some medical conference in Delhi where this picture was clicked. She was standing on the podium delivering a speech with her eyes shining brightly and a small smile playing on her lips. She looked stunning and a mere glance at her face soothed the inner turmoil and anger within me.

"Bus kuch pal aur Rani sa aur phir aap humari hongi." I say as I trace her form through the glass with my fingers, the softness of my voice alarming me yet I accepted it.

"Bus kuch pal aur."

***

Namrata's POV

It was almost five in the evening and my search didn't yield any positive results. Moreover when I decided to go and get a hotel room, I was asked to leave from there as well. It felt like no hotel owners or landlord was ready to give me any accommodation even when I offered them double the money.

I had already vacated my previous apartment placing all my furniture and important things in a storage container except a simple bag filled with necessaties.

I was sitting on a park bench watching the sun go down as Charlie continuously meowed from his carrier. "I know baby you are tired: I am too." I sighed.