7.

Namrata's POV

My whole body hurt after sleeping in such an uncomfortable position for the whole night. Dr. Vijay was quite shocked when he saw me come to the hospital despite being on a leave and Rati wouldn't stop questioning me about the urgent work I supposedly had.

I left Charlie back at a pet day care and quickly showered and changed right there in my cabin. It was the best I could do. I was on my regular rounds when my pager beeped and it showed that Dr. Vijay was calling me to his office.

He rarely ever disturbed me during rounds so I hurriedly made my way towards his office hoping that it wasn't something serious.

As soon as I enter his office, I see him sitting behind his desk with eyes casted downwards and a somber expression on his face. When he saw me enter his expression morphed into one of concern.

"Dr. Vijay......" I began but was interrupted by a rather familiar voice that sent chills down my spine. I turned around to see Satan himself standing in the corner of Dr. Vijay's office with a smile on his face looking deviously handsome in a charcoal gray suit that did wonders for his eyes.

Anger and trepidation coursed through my veins, momentarily paralyzing any rational thoughts in my head. I was too stunned to speak so he took upon himself to break the silence "Ghani ghama, Rani sa." He spoke in a sing-song voice with a smirk etched on his lips.

The audacity of this man.....

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him.

His smirk widened at that "Hum bus kuch jaruri baatein karna cahte the Dr. Vijay ke sath. Kyn sahi keh rahe hain na Dr. Vijay?"

Dr. Vijay got up from his seat, his fists clenched at the provocation and his eyes hardened as he looked at the egoist man standing in front him. He took a step towards Vikramaditya before one his brothers moved from his position at the door as if to apprehend the old man. That move was enough for Dr. Vijay to stay rooted to his spot.

"Kaafi bada aur khoobsurat hai aap ka ye hospital, shehar ke shor se dur. Itni shaanti hai yahan ki kuch log paise hi parvah kiye bina kuch samay bitana aana cahenge idhar—to relax you know." He chirped as he walked across the room and leisurely sat in Dr, Vijay's chair.

He looked as much as a king he was when he leaned back in the chair, his fingers laced with one another, an arrogant yet charming smirk plastered on his face.

What the hell did he mean by that? Who would come to a hospital for a relaxation......was he implying what I think he was implying. He couldn't be that cruel, right? 

'You know the extent of his cruelty, Namrata....after all didn't you experience it first hand.' A voice in my head mocked me. 

He was nonchalantly playing with a paper weight laying on the desk as if he just didn't threaten us.

My glare turned fierce as I tracked his each and every moment which seemed to further amuse him.

"Arjun voh Mr. Sinha kuch keh rahe the humein, ki voh ek naya resort banana cahte hain: ye hospital humare khaas dost aur business partner Ranvijay ka hi hai na." He again spoke in a nonchalant manner.

"Ji bhai sa, aap kahein to phone karein."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I couldn't control the rage I was feeling and screamed.

"Tsk tsk Rani sa, aisi bhaasha aap ki zubaan par achi nahi lagti." He chastised me as if talking to a kid.

"Namrata beta, ye sab kya ho raha hai?" Dr. Vijay questioned me.