Pancakes for dinner

Age: 15
Word count: 1169
Summary: Alena realised her feelings for Peter, but is too scared to tell him. Natasha (indirectly) suggests sticking to a song and to 'lyric prank him'

,,Mama, I dunno what do do!!"

Alena burst into her parents room, catching her mother doing laundry while her dad took a nap. Well, had taken a nap, because the redhead hadn't been exactly quiet.

,,Jeez, little light"

He groaned and turned around to continue sleeping. Nat just chuckled and made room on the bed for her daughter.

,,Whats wrong, детка свет (baby light)"

She asked as the girl in question took the room on the bed for the perfect opportunity to face plant into. The 15 year old let out a low groan, which was muffled by the blanket her face was buried into.

,,My heart is driving me crazy. It's like all fluttery and then the next second really excited. The worst part is, it only happens when I'm neat Peter, aka MY BEST FRIEND"

Alena explained, her voice still muffled as she refused to look at anyone. Natasha smirked. She'd suspected something for a while but chose to let her daughter come to her at her own pace.

,,Может быть, ты влюблен (Maybe youre in love)"

The older redhead suggested, earning a flabbergasted look from her 15 year old. Alena took a deep breath, just to exhale sharply 0.2 seconds later.

,,Nope, no I'm not"

She exclaimed and made her way to the door. This was a bad idea, she'd known it from the start.

,,Sure you aren't"

Her father sassed. Even he had understood the conversation with the 3 words of Russian he spoke, it had been that obvious.

Alena stopped, hand on the door frame, facing away from her parents. If she thought about it, this was the only explanation.

Peter was the person that always managed to make her feel okay, even if she felt like dying, even if there was nothing in the world to be happy about, even if she had the worst day. He was there, right by her side, making his jokes in hopes of seeing her smile.

,,I- you're right..."

The 15 year old admitted, her heart beating against her chest, so hard, as if it wanted to leap right out. She felt the blood rush into her cheeks, making them go hot.

,,Then tell him. You've got nothing to lose"

Natasha shrugged, having gone back to folding tops. She saw how Peter looked at her daughter, there wasn't a doubt in her mind that he felt the same.

Again, Alena looked absolutely horrified by the suggestion. She couldn't just tell him. There was a whole friendship behind that. What if it got awkward if she confessed and he didn't feel the same? Even worse, what if he did? What would they do then? Would they become the couple of the friend group? What if they broke up? Their friends would have to choose sides, they'd split their friendgroup if they did!

What if she lost her best friend over a stupid crush?

,,I cant do that! What if he doesn't feel the same"

,,Then you've spoken your truth and you'll move on"

Nat reassured, her emerald eyes meeting her daughter's baby blue ones, that radiated insecurity and anxiety. The former gave a sigh.

,,дорогая девочка, иди сюда (darling girl, come here)"

Seconds later, Alena was back on the bed, her head rested on her mother's shoulder while she cupped her cheek.