When the light goes out pt.2a

Age: dead
Warning: Sad, mention of death
Word count: 806
Summary: After Alena was declared dead, the avengers mourn their youngest Avenger. But then, everything takes an unexpected turn
A/N: This part will be told from Natashas point of view. You'll see why, just bear with me.

,,Alena is dead"

Clint finally managed to say, his gaze fixated upon the floor.

Natashas legs collapsed. She fell to the floor, denial written across her face.

,,No"

She muttered, her eyes full of tears.

Steve knelt down to his wife's level.

The assasins fists were clenched, her nails digging into her skin.

,,Clint, are you sure? Where's she? Where's my little girl?"

The redhead questioned, once she had regained her ability to speak.

Steve pulled her up from the floor, holding Natasha firmly by the waist to prevent another fall.

,,Yes, positive, I saw her get stabbed before he dragged her away"

The archer sighed quietly. He too was still in shock about the sudden loss.

Tony looked furious.

Bruce looked like he was in denial.

Steve held Natasha, his face portraying pure heartbreak.

And Natasha, Natasha looked beyond broken.

Her only daughter, her joy, her light was ripped from her and the worst part was that it was her fault.

She was the one who allowed her to go.

She was the one who didn't say no once Steve suggested it.

She was the one who wasn't with her when it happened.

,,Romanoff, we'll go look for her. She won't drop dead that easily. Maybe she's still alive"

Tony suggested, before his iron man mask covered his face.

,,Yea, he's right"

Nat agreed with Tony for the second time in her life. She had to convince herself of her daughters death, before she would be able to accept it, if she ever was.

So, iron man and black widow went on the most important mission for them yet. Find Alena.

Sadly, neither were able to, declaring the 15 year old dead.

...

Natasha never thought she would have to go through this day.

That day, it was Alenas funeral.

Even though they didn't have a body to burry, they would still create a grave for the young redhead.

,,Hey Honey, it's time"

Steve informed his wife. The pain in his eyes was evident.

Natasha wiped her eyes. She was adamant to stay strong, to restrain herself from crying, to keep her composure.

,,I never thought I had to do this, Steve"

She stated, her voice crumbling.

The super soldier stood behind her, squeezing her shoulders gently.

,,Me neither, Natasha"

He responded, his head resting on top of hers.

The assasin turned around to her husband, her face buried in Steve's suit.

The couple remained like this, before Steve broke the embrace.

,,Come on, let's put her to rest"

He sighed, teary eyed.

Natasha only managed to nod. Her throat felt like it was sown shut.

The funeral wasn't fun, but it was beautiful.

The avengers stood in a wide field, where they had lanterns at hand.

,,Rest well, мой маленький свет (my little light)"

Natasha whispered, before she let go of her lantern.

It flew high and bright amongst the other lanterns, leaving the sky looking like brighter stars were illuminating it.

...

Natasha threw herself into work after that. She didn't sleep and getting her to eat was a struggle.

It was her way of coping with the loss, making sure that something like this  would never happen again.

One evening, when she was looking through old mission reports, she found a picture of Alena.

She had the white suit on and she was beaming.

Natasha remembered that day all to well.

This was the day she allowed her to have her white suit and Alena was amazed by it.

The assasin stiffled her sobs. She hadn't cried since the funeral, she hadn't allowed herself to.

But seeing the 15 year old on that picture, alive and well was the breaking point for her.

Natasha closed her eyes, her arms hugging her knees and her head resting on them.

She would give the world to hear her daughters voice one more time.

She would move mountains to hug her again.

She would give her life to look into her little lights bright blue eyes just one more time.

Natasha looked up suddenly. She heard a static from one of the communication devices.

Until it wasn't static any more.

,,Mama? Dad? Can anyone hear me?"

A/N: Okay okay, I know this might not make sense yet, but stay with me.
I'm sorry if I broke anyone's heart with this one, I cried a little while writing the funeral.
Anyways, two more parts to go. I hope you enjoy this little mini series because I certainly do :)
Okay, stay amazing, beautiful people, see you around and bye <3