Slapsgate

Kim Taehyung hated villages or anything far away from his posh life

Kim Taehyung hated villages or anything far away from his posh life. He had never visited his native place even when he was a kid. Even when his parents would ask him if he wanted to visit his great-grandfather's house, he would scrunch up his nose and shake his head.

But for their best friend, Hobi, they all decided to take a trip down to the Southern Valley - a small village far away from the city.

"But is there any wifi in there?" asked Namjoon the moment they sat in the small truck after getting out off the train.

Jin just his cap and scowled, "Of course, you idiot. Then how the hell do you think Hobi video calls us?"

The brothers always fought and bickered with each other. Jin and Namjoon sat in the middle while Tae sat with his junior from the workplace, Pluto who was reading 'Why Not To Marry!'

Wrapping the scarf over his neck, Tae whispered feeling cold as the vehicle sped up, "Are you planning to gift this to Hobi at his wedding?"

Pluto shut the book and shook her head, "It's for me. Only for me."

"Why?" Tae looked out and realized it was insanely dark with no human or animal life whatsoever in sight, "Aren't you convinced enough to hate marriage? I mean the reason why we bonded the first thing 2 years back was because of some anti-marriage topic."

Pluto shrugged and looked out too, "Still - I love how these books make my beliefs stronger. Fuck - Tae - look out. It's so dark. It's like we are in space. I can't see anything."

Tae wanted to laugh, and chuckle but he didn't. He too was afraid. He looked at Jin and realized he was hugging Namjoon. The brothers hated each other but when Jin got clingy over Namjoon then you would know that he was shit scared.

The cold breeze and the vastness of the darkness ahead of them scared them. Even the driver wasn't responding properly.

"I will call Hobi," Pluto took out her phone and saw it was past 9 pm and she had no network.

"No network guys," she declared and everyone checked their phones.

It was the same for them too.

Pluto held Tae's arm tight, "Tae - I am scared. What if something comes out of the darkness?"

"Like what? A tiger?" asked Jin scared even more.

Pluto didn't answer. She didn't want to. She knew how scared Tae was so dark. She knew of his nightmares.

Sleep paralysis.

Demons in the darkness.

Tae closed his eyes and tried to say comforting words like his mother had advised him. But he could see some weird figures even with his eyes closed.

The grip on his arm tightened and he knew something was wrong.

"Fuck - what's that?" Pluto whispered seeing some weird figures in the dark.