To Save Floyd

Melody had little trouble catching up to her husband's pace, and when she did she did so fairly quietly prompting him in his anger to greet her a bit rudely, not that she was surprised.

"What are you doing here? You here to tell me how much of a horrible jerk I was to you?" John says, "To tell me how much you hate me and that I'm the one you married?"

Melody grabbed his hand at that stopping him in his tracks and she answered him sincerely.

"Hey, you weren't perfect, but I was not a great person either. We've both done alright for each other even with all our issues. Let's give each other and ourselves some credit here. We took a vow, for better or for worse. I'm not going to throw all of that away just because we've made mistakes before. I'm not going anywhere right now unless it's with you, my husband."

John flinched in realization before taking her other hand into his own free hand and offering her a smile that was only slightly guilty but mostly grateful.

"Y-You're right, Mel... I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Johnny. I get it."

John smiled a bit brighter as she called him that, and just happily hugged with her until suddenly they were approached by an upset Branch who was being followed by a concerned but determined to stay by him Poppy.

"Branch, wait!" Poppy calls to him desperately, "Branch! Where are you going?"

"To save Floyd, with John and Melody. I didn't need my brothers growing up and I don't need them now! I hate all the fighting! I'm only on this mission to save Floyd. John and Melody are the only ones other than Celeste that are focused on the mission's goal. What-What are you doing?"

John and Melody watched the interaction supportively as Poppy continues to following his lead and answers him.

"What do you mean? I'm coming with you."

"Why bother? Aren't you gonna leave me eventually anyway? Everyone else does."

Poppy then takes his hand as he stops at the touch and the sight of John and Melody watching them.

"I have been by your side from the moment we met. And you've been by mine. Let's give each other and Melody and Celeste some credit here."

Branch then sighs and turns to face Poppy, "Right. Uh-I'm sorry . Thank you."

"You're welcome." Poppy answers giving him an assuring smile, "And I'm not going anywhere. Unless it's with you and my sister and your brother. To save Floyd."

Poppy and Branch hug and then Melody and John give Branch some explanations and a few apologies before there were a few more hugs and the group of four were surprised at the sound of bicycle bell, they all turn to see Tiny Diamond riding a bike towards them towing a motorcycle.

"Tiny! You're coming too?"

"Hey, what can I say?" Tiny answers as he pulls over, "I was moved by John Dory and Branch's speeches and their sad, sad drawing and picture. Now, let's roll!"

Poppy and Branch went on the back of Tiny's bicycle and Melody and John Dory got on the motorcycle switching things to that they are pulling the younger three along.

As they drove off, Melody was going to drive them to Mount Rageous so she smirked at John Dory and took his goggles and used her abilities to make a replica in her own colors and give his back by putting them on his face.

"Buckle up, buttercups! Let's roll out!"

"YE-AAAH!!!"

| Mount Rageous |