The Usurper from the Wilds 18-19

Start from the beginning

"L-look it's not like I had a choice! It's all I had in pink!" Deuce shouted at Ace, okay great now if I could get them to chase after Ruggie.

Ruggie turned the corner, into the hall with Ace and Deuce, he was running to the courtyard, this is the only chance to get him, if he manages to get there, he'll run off to his dorm and we won't be able to get him there without running into Leona or those Savanaclaw assholes.

"I can't believe we still gotta folllow weird rules like that. But I guess it's better than it was." Ace laughed, I could hear footsteps farther down the hall, I guess the group decided to join in on the chase.

"Oh! Ace, Deuce! You boys are a sight for sore eyes!" Cater shouted out from far behind me, catching Ace's and Deuce's attention.

"Huh? What's going on? Why are you running?" Ace spoke casually and Deuce turned to face us, looking bewildered.

"The culprit! He's getting away!" I took a glance behind me at Riddle's voice, his face was entirely red, his face twisted into nothing but anger. "You need to apprehend Ruggie Bucchi immediately! Housewarden's orders!" Riddle's eyes looked like they were bulging out of his head with anger.

"Whaat?!" Deuce and Ace looked absolutely shocked.

"What does this gotta do with us?!" Ace shouted toward us.

"Go get 'em boys!" I shouted, Ace shook his head and Deuce sighed but they began running, they were feet behind Ruggie but closer up then the rest of us, I began running faster, catching up to them with ease.

"Shyeheehee! Three-on-one, and this is the best you can do? Pretty pathetic, guys." Ruggie laughed as he made his way into the courtyard, standing in the middle of the yard, Grim had caught up with Me, Ace and Deuce.

Ace was panting as he basically fell to his knees. "What is WITH this dude?! He's crazy fast!" Ace looked up at me, Deuce and Grim.

Deuce had his hands on his knees, panting loudly. "It's not just that he runs fast..." He paused, panting, trying to catch his breath. "It's like no terrain even slows him down."

Grim laid on the ground before he rolled over onto his back. "Myaaah... I don't even think I can catch him." Grim sighed in defeat.

"Shyeheehee! Compared to the backstreets of the slums, this is a cakewalk. Did you even think this through? Let's say you do catch me — can you even be sure that I did it?" Ruggie crossed his arms behind his head, goddamnit this bastard grew up in the slums...

"What? Of course you did it!" Deuce shouted, standing up straight and Ruggie shook his head.

"And what about evidence? Do you have a witness who saw me casting spells? For that matter, did you snap a picture? You don't have anything like that, do you?" Ruggie shook his head with a smug look.

"Yeah, but... still!" Ace shouted.

"You're a coward!" I screamed, I was furious. All I wanted to do was hurt him.

"A coward? I take that as a compliment, honestly." Ruggie's smug look left his face, placing a hand on his hip. Then he shot his hands up, the smug look returning. "Shyeheehee! Next time you wanna come after me, do me a favor and gather some proof first. Though that sounds like a tall order given your track record."

"Grrrr... this guy..." Grim growled as I swear I saw tears welling up in his eyes before he jumped up into my arms and buried his face into my chest.

"Just so you know, witnesses aren't always credible in the court of law...! Oh and we have plenty of evidence it was you, Ruggie! Why run if you don't have a guilty conscience!" I shouted and Ruggie shook his head. Okay, that was a little cringe of me.