'Demons' by Imagine Dragons: Chapter One

Before you read: Please vote for chapters, and also remember to comment and suggest ideas. I might use them, and I can also dedicate the chapter to you. Also, I'm Australian, so I use "s" in "realise" instead of "realize" the way Americans use it. "Colour" (the Australian version) and "Color" (the American version).  So please don't judge me too harshly. Thanks! :)

This story is about a evil emperor who takes over and enslaves another tribe, but falls in love with one of the women, but the woman and him are fated to die torturously, unless the king changes his illusion-like, gruesome way of thinking.

Lyrics:

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all, and the blood's run staleI wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom comeWhen you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hideAt the curtain's call
It's the last of all
When the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl
So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out at the mess you've madeDon't wanna let you down
But I am hell-bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom comeWhen you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hideThey say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me howWhen you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

ELORA CONSTELLE

The harsh, icy wind whipped Elora Constelle's face like sharps wires, leaving cold red marks on her freezing, pale face. Again she wished that she had been into hiding with her unloving family, no matter how much they abused her as their only girl (apart from her mother). But still, of course she couldn't have stayed there. If they had been found, they would have sacrificed her to the enemies with no second thought, and she also wanted to stay in the tribe village during a war because she wanted to help the poor townspeople who were either too weak to travel or didn't have enough money. 

Elora had un-barricaded a fairly large furniture shop and with the help of the stronger people, discarded most of the plentiful furniture and left more than enough for herself and the others. They re-barricaded the windows and doors again so everybody outside would think the shop was still empty. They occasionally took turns of sneaking out under cloaks to steal food, clothes and medicine and toiletries from other barricaded shops. Elora lived there with the townspeople and helped them as much as she could.

Sometimes there was an occasional suspending moment where everyone had to freeze and be quiet, kind of like a game of musical statues. And the soldiers who were walking outside passed. Until things started to go wrong.

Last fortnight, while the soldiers passed the shop, what happened was horrific. One of the newborns saw a creeping shadow cast by the smoke of the just put out fireplace and cried. Screaming, screeching. And burly, evil warriors had forced open doors and windows and entered the room.  

The group decided to keep this to themselves. And what they did was torture them. Every second day, a citizen's name was picked out of the box, and they burned him or her alive. Even it was a newborn they did the same thing. They strapped all the people to the walls to watch a person burn either on a stake they had established in the middle of the room or forcibly hurled them into the fireplace while putting their leather-protected feet on the person's chest as they collapsed in the fireplace, heaving their final breath.