Chapter 3: Duke Easton being a Gentle Father...

On a sunny and warm day, where the snow are already melted , Duke Easton was very busy as usual with piles of papers and magic wooden tablets floating in the air giving off a busy atmosphere at a glance, if not for the duke ignoring those piles of woods and magic strolls floating in the air.

He  smiles brightly as he looks down at his youngest son in his arms, tickling his almost nonexistent neck as it's covered with baby fats.Even though he is obviously busy, since he's the only one in the manor currently as both of his wives were also busy at the moment, baby Aayan almost never left his side.

His wives, also, both came back to their own work. Duchess Zeva come back on her patrol(reluctantly) around the border of the northern region of the kingdom, while Duchess Lilia was also back on her pile of files that her students from the academy had passed before she gave birth to Aayan, she cannot go back home yet, only when she's done checking everything would she able to teach again and go home as usual. Lilia's normal work routine was to teach there every morning and then return home immediately while Zeva may take a long while before she comes back due to her duties as a major as she also tries to calm down her clan's inner drama.

"Little Aayan, your mommy Zeva may not be able to attend your second month's celebration party. She even cried a lot before she left, you must give her a lot of smiles when she came back, okay? " Duke Easton cooes at his son in his arms, playing his smooth chubby little hands, pinching his foot occasionally which made baby Aayan laugh more in ticklish, not minding his friend that, currently,  was outside the door with the head butler.

In a moment, the three knocks from the outside were heard, but the Duke Easton still remained playing and smiling down to his baby who keeps giggling up to his father's silly faces, showing his pink gums as his dumpling cheeks turned slightly pink in happiness.

Duke Easton can't help but feel warmth in his chest as he carries his son's white baby hairs, before he gently says "You may come in, Old Rupert" to the person on the other side of the room.

The blue haired king felt goosebumps crawling up to his spine, as he felt weird hearing his friend in that kind of tone, the head butler bows a little to the blue haired king, ignoring his obvious uneasiness. The old head butler, named Rupert, opens the door that was filled with a type of blocking 'aura' barrier, he motions the blue haired man with his hand to also come inside the room. If on the outside the room, which also meant outside the aura-blocking barrier, where he could only feel the intimidating mana of his friend, now all he could feel ,in a sense, was a gentler and fatherly atmosphere of his friend. Who was holding a bundle of joy, covered with soft cloth.

A baby.

At a glance, he could tell that it was an omega baby, it's just that he couldn't sense whether it was a recessive or a dominant one, because Duke Easton's mana was covering the baby protectively, completely sealing baby Aayan's overwhelming aura, because baby Aayan is still a baby, he couldn't control his aura. Currently, baby Aayan was only following his instincts, although it was not as havoc as he was just a newborn, his aura was still in a protective state, whoever got close to him (anyone who is below his rank) will have their meridians attacked, or sucked thin when baby Aayan mastered his aura in the future. But even though that his aura was still in protective state, with his father near him, covering him protectively from anyone with his(DE) mana, even with a friend present, made his aura calm down to an extent, calm and still.

But clearly, baby Aayan's cultivation rank was far inferior than the blue haired man, and likely wouldn't receive any damage if was attacked by his aura. It was still worth the shot.

"What brings you here, King Stephen?" Duke Easton asked with a soft tone, without looking up to his friend. The blue haired king, named Stephen, felt bothered at his friend's tone, as he was always used to his cold and harsh tone that was used to reprimanded his subordinates. Well, he's not part of those people, but hearing it almost everyday then transitions to this gentle fatherly tone, made him feel that it didn't suit him at all.

" I heard that your second son already celebrated his 10th day, yet you didn't invite anyone. Did you know what kind of rumors created after that? " King Stephen says almost a whisper and cautiously so that he would not awaken the baby... he's also being cautious around the duke, given how protective he usually is to his cubs. As he didn't see any reaction to his faces, he continued,

"They all say that he was an unfavored son. I came here to inform you and also to know your reasons, but now I know why... But even so, what should we do about it?" He asks, ready to take orders from his superior.

Duke Easton is powerful, only one rank below the Emperor. His name alone will make every noblesse shut their mouths, either to respect or in fear. His power and influence was imaginable throughout the kingdome, one of this was the fact that he tamed every vicious magic beasts in the mountain, and then making his 'home' almost no need for guards as his tamed beast was already there to guard and protect his home, making his manor one of the most secure places in the kingdom, though his whole clan was outside the mountain, they can fend for themselves. Even if Duke Easton is also the patriarch of the Domhnall Family clan, he told them to fend for themselves any 'serious' matter will be his only concern.

' They can't even wait for ,at least, a day passed before spouting nonsense...'

"Let them be," Duke Easton says, not caring about the outside world, well beyond the mountain. His reply made King Stephen unhappy, and was about to say something in annoyance, but was cut off by Duke Easton,

" Tell them to keep running their mouths if they want me to feed them to my pets" the Duke says with still a 'fatherly love' expression on his face.

Aayan giggles up to his father, as if agreeing to what his father said.

King Stephen gulped what he was about to say, a bit thankful to his luck that he didn't run his mouth immediately, or else a heck of paperwork will be sent down to him.

———

These ranking are not that important in this story but still, imma put it here just in case

Aristocrat ranking
Emperor-runs the whole kingdom and is respected
Duke- only below the emperor in terms of rank but the emperor still need to walk in eggshells with the dukes, may hold military authority
King- an eye sore to any emperor, rules a small portion in the kingdom(more like a mayor), also has power in military but not much
Marquese- has a lot of money and is influential in business, has no power
Count- lowest rank but still influential, has money and businesses
Baron- just a title, no influence, only above the commoners.

Three main rankings in military

Marshal
General
Major