ᴠ. ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs...?

_______________________________________

THE DOOR OPENED, FIRE LIGHTING up the room. Oliver looked around, almost screaming out of fear as he saw a statue of a woman.

"Come on." Isabelle whispered when they heard the door closing.

"There's five of us and only one of her. If we split up, she can't be watching us all at once." Grover said.

"I don't think it'd be that simple." The daughter of Athena replied.

"It could be. Here's the plan, I'll get
in the air, I'll draw her attention. As
soon as you hear me say, 'Maia,' You
guys start-" As soon as he said those words, the satyr was lifted in the air, disappearing into darkness. "Oh...boy! Okay! Um- Off. Down."

Oliver chuckled quietly. "Thanks for the help, dude. We really needed that." He mumbled sarcastically, shaking his head.

"So, we're gonna need a new plan." Annabeth stated.

"We are not our parents, until we choose to be." Medusa's voice echoed as the group quickly walked deeper into the room. "You four have chosen. A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself. And you two, you could have shown your father what it means to stand up for someone you love. You could choose to save your mother instead of doing your father's bidding. If neither of you will help teach these lessons- " Percy pulled out his pen, holding it to stop it from vibrating, then gesturing for Oliver to do the same.

And even if it may sound crazy, he listened. It was probably the first time he listened to someone he knew for less than a month. But Oliver somehow trusted Percy enough to listen. He didn't know how it happened, but it did.

"Perhaps you should be the
lessons. When i ship your statues to
olympus... Maybe that will get my point across even better. Stand up." She spoke to the two who now held their swords in their hands. "Let's have a look at you."

"No thanks. I'm too young for you." Oliver replied, his head down as the woman took a step closer.

"Close your eyes." Percy whispered, turning around and facing the woman.

"Close my- Shoot! You're gonna get me killed." The boy panicked slightly before taking a deep breath and doing the same. Medusa reached for Oliver's face, but got distracted once she heard screaming.

"I didn't really think this through!" Grover crashed on the ground, making Medusa distracted as Annabeth placed her cap on the woman's head.

"Now!" Isabelle yelled as Percy opened his eyes and swinged at Medusa's invisible form.

"Did you hear that?" The boy asked.